Has My Heart Shrunk?

Recently, I've been feeling that my heart is not as big as it used to be. Not physical, of course. It just seems that I'm more easily offended than before, and it worries me. Small things said by people or small actions by someone can throw me into a foul mood almost immediately. I would easily incline towards the negative side and wild imaginations will spin off. Quite crazy, I must admit. Check out my previous post.

I am by nature, a very impatient person. I cannot stand people who talk slow, walk slow, do everything slow. It just gets on my nerves. That's why I talk and walk very fast most of the time. I know I ought to cultivate more patience, but I just can't stand it if the people around me moves too slowly. Speed up!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

But even as an impatient person, I was quite a big-hearted person. Of course, not as big-hearted as those really BIG HEARTED PEOPLE, but just normal big-hearted (you know what I mean), which meant that usual irritants (define 'irritants': people who get on my nerves with their speech or actions or BOTH) can't really offend me. I just get a little put off, and that's about it. I can love and tolerate people generally with no problem. But recently, I keep getting irritated big time. And this irritable character has started to irritate irritated me.

It all boils down to the heart isn't it? When we are easily offended, there must be some unresolved issues that are bothering us, which causes us to spiral into a depressing or angry state at the touch of a button. (Opps, or is this just another symptom that I am getting old?!)

In either case, I am determined that I DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT want to be a small-hearted person or allow my heart to shrink. My heart is only supposed to grow bigger and bigger day by day, because I need to grow in my capacity to love and accept. As I experience more of God's love, I need to grow in the same measure everyday as well. I need to have greater love, compassion and kindness. I need to show more grace to people. I need to be more accepting & understanding. And I know, I need God's strength & anointing upon me to do that. I can never do it by myself.

A check on our heart periodically is good. We can never be too sure that we will always be strong & healthy spiritually. In fact, a check will reveal things to us in the realm of the spirit so that we can continue to grow & receive more from God. Have you checked your heart recently? :)

"God! Enlarge my heart!!!!!"

Comments

Popular Posts