Belonging To This Family

Had an enjoyable CG meeting last night.

Isaiah shared a very powerful message on D.E.S.I.R.E. God gave him the sermon when he was praying & worshipping at Tue's leaders' meeting. I was even joking with him that I should come up with a sermon on D.E.S.I.R.E.S so that I can win him with one more alphabet. Haha! But jokes aside, it really is a great message and timely wake-up call for many.

The move of God was strong especially during the ministry time and I felt that many people renewed their visions and desires in their hearts. Wonderful. :)

After CG, we had a great time of refreshment as well! Karami actually cooked Gado-Gado for the whole CG with the help of his mum, and it was delicious!!! Beansprouts, beancurd, long beans, veggies, potatoes, prawn crackers and the lovely peanut sauce. Yums! On top of that, Andrew also prepared mixed fruit salad, and we had a great time checking out the number of different fruits in the salad! There were grapes, cranberries, mangoes, apples, kiwi... Very sumptuous refreshment eh?!

And as I observed the different things happening concurrently around me, I suddenly felt a very blissful feeling that I belong to this great family of God. It was a feeling of thankfulness to God for all that He has added into our midst and it was also a sense of happiness knowing that we are a bunch of happy people tied together by the call of God. Nothing beats fellowshipping with these favorite friends of mine and talking about absolutely anything under the sun. We can get into those stuffs about how we will all still be together in Heaven someday, but I shall leave that for another day. :)

That's what I always tell people who do not wish to commit to a church or a cell group. True, belonging to a cell group means more commitment and effort. But belonging to a cell group also gives us a sense of belonging that we can never have if we choose to never commit to a group. As the church grows bigger, we also need to grow smaller at the same time. Within a cell group, God uses us to meet the needs of each other and to help & support one another. We do not need to fight battles alone or try to deal with the immense pressure & stress at work. We can share it, ask for prayer support and know that everyone can understand what we are going through. It is a wonderful feeling to belong to a group, and what's more, mine is a superbly great group. Thank you for all the great friendships that came out of this cell group. :)

As the cell group is gearing ourselves up for the upcoming multiplication, I can't help but wish that we can stay together as one cell group for the longest time. But I also know that it is a necessary progression and many more wonderful things will come out of that. In our hearts though, this family will always take up an important place.

And I am glad I belong. =D

Comments

Serene said…
arrrgghhh... the refreshments are going from glory to glory and I'm not around?! =X NOT FAIR =( hahaha... JK lah...

Indeed I'm really glad to be part of the N252 family... and I'm sure even when we multiply, we will always remember each other and continue to multiply all the great fellowship in our respective cg...

ask isaiah to videotape down the sermon leh... he got a internet viewer in china!
Mummy Kless said…
Hahahha.. the refreshment committee just had a breakthrough! A good change, & we are all very happy obviously!

The sermon is over le lah! How to video down? I think I will write it down in this blog after I get clearance from the author! Haha..
Anonymous said…
IK: aiyoh..anytime lah..the sermon is to share for everyone so that we can be blessed mah...

Popular Posts