A Love That Lasted Very Long

I can't really remember when I started to like the piano.


You know, I've always been a kid with a three-minute passion. I asked my mum to let me learn many things but the passion never lasted long. Even when I begged my mum to let me learn the piano when I was 7 years old, I threw in the towel after a mere three months. Haha! I just couldn't stand the music scores!!!


Thank God though, I continued to love the piano even though the lessons stopped. And I must say it has brought me much joy and happiness through my growing up years.


I remember those days when I didn't have a piano at home (why would my mama buy me a piano when I dropped out of piano course after 3 months??!), I would run to the music room in school whenever there is a break time, just so that I could bang on the piano for a few minutes. I was satisfied with playing just one song over and over again. I didn't even care when people labelled me a one-song pianist! Haha.. those were the days.


This love for piano kept pushing me on. I listened to songs and tried to figure out how they should be played on the piano. I spent hours and hours relentlessly, on the piano, attempting to play song after song, mostly by trial and error. It was amazing I didn't get bored by myself!


As time went by, I learnt about family chords - which chords exist in which key. I learnt about tempo and the placement & transition of chords. I could quite easily tell what chords were involved just by listening to a song. Don't ask me how I did it. I can't even explain now. I could only guess it was a mixture of hard work, perseverance, alot alot of trials and errors, plus a huge portion of God's anointing.


I guess if I really love something, I wouldn't calculate how much time I've spent on it. To me, every minute was enjoyment and fulfilment. Every possible moment I have, I want to spend on that.


How very much like our relationship with God.


If we enjoy spending time with God and building our relationship with Him, we wouldn't be looking at our watches every other 5 minutes, just to check how much longer to reach the 30 mins or one hour that we should be praying. If the passion is there, it is not difficult at all. At the beginning, it may take alot of perseverance and hard work, but as we plough on, we will one day, see the fruit of our labour.
Somehow I got this feeling that I will continue to love the piano for a long long time to come. :)

.Nostalgia.
.Pure sweetness.
.Bliss.

Comments

Kristie said…
can i learn from you? =)
Mummy Kless said…
wahahaha.. I am definitely not good enough to teach.. pls..

Popular Posts