The Inner Realisation

This is my church's morning prayer week. I have to admit, it's yet another flesh-crucifying period. Waking up early always demands alot, and waking up early to go somewhere to pray is especially not easy.

On the first day of the morning prayer, it took me a while to get the momentum going. But I was totally enjoying the whole atmosphere. In our main auditorium at Jurong West, I saw so many people coming together to pray. It was amazing really. I checked my watch. It was only 645am. People came in all kinds of attire - students came in their uniforms, adults came in their working attire, and some of those who lived nearby, presumably, came in bermudas and slippers. :) All because of one reason - to press into the presence of God in prayers.

The music was playing in the background. It was a little hard-going at first. But as I continued praying in tongues, my tears started to flow. A familiar Indonesian song was playing at the back. I couldn't hold back my tears because the presence of God was so strong. That's what I love about the presence of God. It's so tangible you cannot deny its presence. When people ask me why I believe so strongly in this faith, I had to tell them, it's because I felt how real He is in my life.

After the prayer meeting, I thought to myself, 'What a wonderful church I am in.' This is a church that does things beyond the comfort zone. It's easy to do the right things in a comfortable setting. Yet, a breakthrough comes only when we choose to step out of that comfort zone and engage ourselves in the spiritual realm. Alot of times, interesting programmes attract people to the House of God, but what keeps them in the House of God is something much more tangible than that. It is the real presence of God that touches the heart and the soul. And I am glad that I am such a House.

Last weekend was the Arise & Build Pledging weekend. As always, I feel so privileged that I can be a part of this great vision, to build God a great, great House. Everytime I look back on the day I first stepped into this church, my heart is always filled with gratitude. I am so thankful to God for placing me in this great church and family. I am so thankful for every step that He had taken towards me so that I can be where I am today. City Harvest Church will always be the place that I wanna be in. It is where God has called me to. It is my home.

Thank you Jesus. :)

Comments

Popular Posts