It is finished.
Something that I worked on for months, and dreamt about countless times before. It finally concluded with a loud bang and with a lot of balloons literally. :)

Asia Conference 2008 is one of a kind.
Phenomenal and a resounding success in my opinion.
Successful because we did what we set out to do - and that is to create an awareness of how we can help those in need and how we can be a practical salt and light of the world. We showed that Asians are givers and not mere takers. We fed the delegates as best as we could. We squeezed in thousands and thousands of people. We wowed the people with media technologies and excellence. We demonstrated the power and anointing of God in the many power-packed sessions we had over the 5 days. We changed mindsets and caused many's lives to be radically changed. It was really phenomenal. Already, I can foresee that after this first experience we've had, Asia Conference 2010 will be another notch higher.

I literally heaved a sigh of relief when my last elective session was over on Friday night. 29 electives in all, each that took place twice a day over a period of three days. The logistics of it all was really no joke, especially for someone who's doing it for the first time like me. During one of the sessions, Pastor Kong said, 'AC 2010 will have double of everything. Twice the number of delegates, and twice the anointing. I was just thinking, 'Twice the number of elective classes too????!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!' Hahaha..

I enjoyed myself throughout the Conference, even though for the first 3 days, I was literally running from place to place, fighting fire after fire, and ensuring that everything runs smoothly. Problems occur and we just do our best to settle them quickly. Things didn't run exactly according to schedule, and we had more than 100% more turning up for the electives than registration figures. Still, it was an enriching experience for me, having the opportunity to work with different people in different depts which I seldom had the chance to interact with if I stuck to my pastoral admin duties. I felt that I learnt so much from each and every one of them. =)

Check out the youngest delegate of the Conference!

Thank God for a wonderful nursery and its many friendly & helpful workers. Our kids did not get bored or grumpy, even though the finale session lasted a total of 6 hours!!!


Was talking to Dawn just a couple of days ago, and she said, "Let's take 2 years to recuperate. Then it's AC 2010." Haha, I seriously can't wait. :)

Comments

Kristie said…
the next AC is just 1.5 years away.. hehehehee.... i think in the twinkle of an eye.... it will be here again... woohoo....=D

Popular Posts