An Honor's Reward

I absolutely adore Rev John Bevere.

He preached in our church last weekend, and what he shared totally blew my mind away. Honor is such a simple and important basic truth, but sometimes we just don't pay enough attention to it.

As I listened to him share about the importance of honouring not just the authorities placed above us, but also our peers and the little ones placed under our care, I felt so convicted in my heart on many occasions. Even when it felt easy to honor those above us, I fell short by so much. There's still so much I got to learn and improve on. Frankly, it's really not easy. Especially when it's hard even to respect that someone, much less to honor him or her.
Still, it was a hard knock on my head. Honor.. honor.. honor.. I've got lots to ponder on in the coming days. And much to change from within.

And I for sure, want my prayers to be heard by God. I don't want any dishonoring acts to become a stumbling block in my path. Not only that, I want to be an honoring mother who will raise honoring kids. Because I too want my kids to be rewarded for their honoring attitudes.

To dishonor is to think little of that someone. Just like that. How often have I done that in my head! And there I was, thinking smugly to myself that I have done many right things in my life. Ha! Pure Irony.

I remembered the story of David and Saul, and why David chose not to kill Saul even though a chance was presented before him. Now I understood why.
I remembered the story of Noah and his three sons. When I read the story, I thought it was all about causing their dad to be embarrassed. Now I know it's about honor.
And all spashed across the bible, story after story emphasize the importance of honor. In the eyes of God, it is such an important concept.

I got to catch it, and keep it in my heart.

Comments

Hey! It sounds like you are really capturing the spirit of this message! May it continue to take root in your heart!

We'd love for you to check out and 'follow' John & Lisa Bevere's blog.

www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com

Blessings!

Popular Posts