My Thoughts

In case you thought I have been too lazy to blog recently, I have actually been blogging like crazy at my babies’ website – http://www.jbabiesinthedaisies.com

What do you expect? There are just 1001 things I could blog about Baby Jayne everyday that I never run out of things to talk about. Having a 2nd baby is an interesting experience. True, I go through pretty much the same routines as for my first baby, but the interesting parts come from the interaction I can observe between my 1st & 2nd kid. I am very, very glad that I decided to have a 2nd kid only when Joey is 3 years old. The timing is just perfect! Joey could understand everything right from the moment I knew I was pregnant. I could explain to her about the addition of a new member into the family, and her new role as a sister. Her receptivity towards Baby Jayne has been nothing short of amazing so far. Some people say it’s better to have all the kids they want as fast as possible so that the age gap is close. I beg to differ. I think the gap was necessary both for me and for my eldest child. It made the transition much easier.

I suffer from amnesia though. Tried as I might, I can’t really remember how some of the things were being done. Like feeding, holding the baby, burping the baby, bathing the baby. Even though it was barely 3 years ago, it felt like eons ago that I did those stuffs! Still, just a refresher and I could catch on very quickly.  I guess it’s always easier the 2nd time around. :)

The emotional roller-coasters I went through during my 1st post-natal were more serious of course. This time around, because I had a better level of understanding & expectation of how things would be, I could manage my emotions better. Still, there were periods where my hormones take control & emotions of distress and depression overwhelm me. Not the super serious kinds, but they still come. I am fully aware of those times, and it helped that I could just share with my husband about how I feel. It’s the sense of helplessness and loss that comes from nowhere. Like I am trying to cope with something major in my life. Like I am trying to adjust myself to my new role as a mum of two. I do snap out of it as quickly as I get into it though, so I guess it’s just a passing phase.

Most of the time, I do feel happy & blissful. Happy that I’ve made it this far, and blissful to know that my 2 daughters are healthy, beautiful and strong. Most of all, I thank God for giving me a husband who loves me for who I am, even with a still bulging tummy (Oh God, seriously, when will it go down completely??!).

I am one blessed woman. :)

Comments

Serene said…
Can see that u r enjoying every moment of being a mother of 2 beautiful daughters... continue living in bliss orh... cos u r definitely 1 great mother to the both of them!

Popular Posts