Good To Be Back

DSC06500

I enjoyed my first 2 days back at work. It’s good to be back.

After 3 months of sabbatical from work, some getting-used-to is inevitable of course, but I eased in pretty nicely. Glad I chose a Thursday to make a grand entrance back to the workforce, because it was lull and I had time to go through what had been done during my absence, and tried remembering how to do certain things I used to be able to do even with my eyes closed. It’s good to be back.

I sent an SMS to the people who need to know that I’m back in action and that they can stop harassing those who were covering me. Was so touched that many of them texted me to welcome me back. It was such a heartwarming feeling. It’s good to be back.

I don’t remember ever having so many people exclaim at me in any one single day. ‘HUH! YOU’RE BACK??' HAS IT BEEN THREE MONTHS ALREADY?!?!?!?’ You get the drift. I got that in various patterns and phrasing (trust me, I wish more than you that it’s longer). It’s good to be back.

Oh ya, did I remember to mention that it’s been so long since I last ate my lunch at a leisurely pace instead of having to rock baby with one hand and gorge myself with the other? It’s good to be back.

Oh how I miss having a really ‘lively’ (read: talkative) neighbor sitting next to me. I thought I’ve forgotten how she would stare at me when she’s stoning and doesn’t have the mood to work, or how she keeps asking me to give her my food (after she’s eaten tons of other food just seconds ago). Just 5 minutes sitting at my cubicle and I know I’ve not forgotten anything, and nope, my lovely neighbor Joyce has not changed a single bit. Some things just never change. It’s good to be back.

Reality will really hit me next week when a brand new week starts. Hopefully, I’ll still sound so positive by then. Juggling is expected and focus is much needed. Before I morph into a grouchy monster when everything starts pouring in, I just wanna say,

‘It’s good to be back.’ :)

Comments

Popular Posts