my-sisters-keeper2

I read the book a couple of months ago and I liked it. The story was touching and felt very real and close to my heart.

Finally, I found time to watch the movie version of the story, and I liked it as well. The book was a lot more detailed definitely, and even had a different ending from the movie, but I personally liked the movie’s ending much better. Unlike the original story in the book, the movie’s ending was a lot more fair. =)

my-sisters-keeper

There were a lot of emotions stirred up in me as I watched the movie. It is just so heart wrenching to have to deal with a dying child. The mother in the movie did all she could to preserve the life of her daughter, even to the extent of sacrificing another of her child’s happiness. Can anyone really say that the mother did the wrong thing? Was she wrong in wanting to keep her child alive? Was it fair to the other child who grew up donating her blood, cells, marrows to her sister to keep her alive? I guess no one can give a firm answer. What touched me most from the movie was the great love of the mother and how she wanted to hold on to her daughter so badly. No mother would bear to let go of her child, no matter what happens.

It just reminded me once again that life is fragile and while we still have a breath, we should live it to the fullest, and savor every moment.

Comments

Popular Posts