‘Tang Shui’ (chinese for desserts)

I know girls typically all love desserts. But I am not a typical girl, haha. I only like the Cantonese kind of desserts like glutinous rice balls in ginger soup or syrup, or cheng teng, etc. Brownies, cakes, éclairs do not appeal to me as much.

Many Singaporeans know that there is a street in Bugis area that has many Cantonese dessert stalls. The competition is stiff, and because I don’t have that high a standard for food, I have tried and am okay with any one of them. Yesterday, I had desserts at one of the shops called 记得吃.

29 Nov 007

29 Nov 006

This has got to be my fav of the lot – Glutinous rice balls drenched in syrup & ginger soup, with crushed peanuts on the side! I love how chewy glutinous rice is. Yums.

29 Nov 001 

They also serve side dishes like dumplings, chestnut cakes, etc.

29 Nov 003 

I ordered Ice chin chow and longans for the first time! How refreshing.

29 Nov 004 

Isaiah had his usual dessert fix – Black sesame paste! Smooth & aromatic!

29 Nov 005 

Are you craving for some refreshing desserts now too? =D

Comments

Popular Posts