Pasir Ris Fishing Village

Just 5 minutes away from my parents’ place is the Pasir Ris Fishing Village. It’s a nice place to hang out and have dinner in the evening. I love the atmosphere in that place – Very resort-like and carefree.

IMG_6788

In the 10 over years I lived in Pasir Ris, this place was just an area for people to do fishing and prawning, and pretty much nothing else. Just a year ago, this whole place was revamped and now there’re food outlets, a pub and even a longkang fishing area for kids.

IMG_6791

This place is really nice - very serene and calm. The only minus about it is the faint fishy smell in the air. =) But that’s expected, of course. Many people had their fishing rods perched by the banks and just sitting and chit chatting with their friends, while waiting for the fishes to get hooked. You need to pay in order to fish here, though.

IMG_6792 

IMG_6783

IMG_6790

We were there for dinner with my parents. Love to bring my kids to parks and places of nature. Nature speaks to me. :)

IMG_6786

My Joey wanted to go longkang fishing but too bad, it was closed.

IMG_6793

Dinner was at one of the zi char stall there.. There was a BIG CRAB right in front of the stall..

IMG_6798

I just love having dinners with my parents. =) They will fuss over the kids and all I do is eat. Haha!

IMG_6805

IMG_6810 

IMG_6807

IMG_6809

IMG_6804

As usual, Joey’s entertained by the live prawns, fishes and clams in their tanks… 

IMG_6795

Woooo! My favorite – PRAWNS!

IMG_6794 

We had a great time at the Pasir  Ris Fishing Village and you should visit it if you are in the vicinity. It’s within walking distance from Pasir Ris MRT station. =)

Comments

Popular Posts