The Birthday

Every year during my birthday, I get overwhelmed by the love of my loved ones, colleagues, friends and family. It’s not as if I don’t know I am very loved. But the week leading up to my birthday is usually greatly celebrated and people just makes me feel so special. I am so thankful.

My birthday was on Sunday, 20 June. The 1st birthday celebration started on Tuesday night when Pastor Audrey’s leaders celebrated my birthday. It was quite funny because we were done with our admin briefing, and Pastor was just asking everyone to chat with her or ask her questions (or so I thought then). One of the leaders arrived late and walked into the room, and immediately Pastor went, ‘This Sunday is Klessis’ birthday!!!!!’ woooohoooooo! Haha, turned out that leader who was late was the one holding on to my present. Haha! Thank you AN zone leaders for your generosity and Taka vouchers. Very useful indeed! =D

My special gang of close friends were next to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday and we stuffed ourselves silly with a superb buffet dinner at Noble House Restaurant. There were crabs, sharks’ fin, fish, prawns and so much more yummy stuffs!

IMG_9971

IMG_9973

img_6133 img_6132

 img_61221

Baby Jayne went along with us as well!

IMG_9977

The celebration continued on Thursday afternoon when Pastor Audrey & some of the AN zone leaders came by to have lunch with me. We had a feast at Swensen’s and frankly, it was the first time I actually thought the food was very good there!

IMG_9979

IMG_9978

IMG_9980

IMG_9982

IMG_9984

IMG_9985

IMG_9986

Thanks for coming all the way to meet me, guys! =)

IMG_9987

On Friday afternoon, my good friends in office treated me to lunch at Tonkichi, Suntec! The food was OMG nice.

IMG_9991

IMG_9992

The Ramen set was super worth it at $24.90! I got a big bowl of ramen (yummy!), Tori Karaage (Super yummy!) and 2 humongous fried prawn tempura (yummy!).

IMG_9993

IMG_9994

With my bestie who brightens up my life in office (when it gets overwhelming at times. Haha!)

IMG_9995 

Khai & Doro! Two very adorable and fun people!

IMG_9997

The food was really really good. We were all praise for it throughout the meal!

IMG_9999

IMG_0002

IMG_0001

Back in the office, Pastor Audrey & Pastor Zhuang gave me a gift!

Pretty or not?? A necklace from DKNY! I super love it!

IMG_0025 

I love the acrylic square. The other side is all bling! woot!

IMG_0003

I was one happy girl! =D

IMG_0006

Friday night was Cell Group night and my CG celebrated my birthday!

IMG_0013

IMG_0015

One of the kids made these for the birthday celebration! Amazing how good it tasted though simple! :) That’s egg mayo with carrots on a biscuit.

IMG_0022

And the kids drew me cards! :)

IMG_0109

I feel so blessed, just counting my blessings. =)

My hubby bought me this bling watch I saw and liked when we went shopping at Parco last week..

My first-ever kinetic watch! =) Love the metallic look of it..

IMG_9969

And he also chipped in for the gift that my gang gave me… something I’ve specifically asked for!

A Nintendo DS Lite!

IMG_0089

Wooohooooo! So happy that my pretty white DS Lite matches so well with my new white EeePC! =D

On my actual birthday on Sunday, my hubby brought me out for dinner at Lawry’s and I have to say, it was the best steak I have ever eaten in my entire life, and Lawry’s has the best service I have ever encountered in any restaurant! They even have a specific butler who will serve your table throughout the meal! I was so in awe of their great service and the only reason I wanted to bang my head was because I forgot to bring my camera!!! arrggghhhh… I took these shots with my Blackberry!

This was their specialty Spinning Bowl Salad. The waitress came to our table with a metal salad bowl dipped in a bowl of ice, introduced the dish to us and started spinning the bowl while adding in the salad sauce at the same time. She explained every move she did, and dished out the salad into 2 portions and served us. Before she left, she recommended that we add in their Lawry’s Pepper which was supposed to complement their salad. Their service was impeccable.

The yummiest salad I’ve ever eaten. Icy cold and superbly nice sauce.

 IMG00075-20100620-1852

Starter Mushroom Soup. One word – Awesome.

IMG00076-20100620-1852

My Mocktail (My hubby was a water tank that night. He ordered both a Mocktail and a Red Wine!)

IMG00077-20100620-1852

Egg Bread that we were served and told that it goes very well with the steak that we ordered. We were supposed to dip it into the sauce and enjoy it.

IMG00082-20100620-1914

Horse radish & wasabi served as well.

IMG00078-20100620-1912

In Lawry’s, they have a beef station on wheels. As long as a customer orders their Lawry’s Prime Ribs, the chef wheels the station to your table and serve you your steak.

IMG00080-20100620-1913 

And while the chef cuts out your portion of the steak, our butler will ask us what sides we would like to have. We could choose between sweet corn, spinach or mashed potato, or a little of everything. Of course I asked for a little of everything! Haha..

 IMG00079-20100620-1912

This was my very delicious steak and obviously, my Blackberry captured none of its glory. The spinach was very yummy and so was the corn! Their sauce was slightly different from usual western restaurant where it’s usually thick and gravy-like. There, the sauce was almost like a soup.

IMG00081-20100620-1913

Both Isaiah & I could not finish our steaks because we were so full by the time the main course came! Still, we stuffed ourselves as much as we could cos it was really yummy. Haha.. After dinner, it was shopping time at Takashimaya because I had alot of vouchers to use (all birthday gifts!). This was my happiest buy of the night. =)

A pair of heels from Guess! Gold metallic straps no less! =D

IMG_0092

IMG_0096

Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes and gifts! I feel so loved!!! =D

Comments

Popular Posts