When I’m Out Of Quarantine…

In case you still do not know (by the way, that makes you one of the last to know), my baby is down with HFMD, and since last Friday, we’ve been put on a 7-day home quarantine by the doctor. Thankfully, her condition is a very mild one, with symptoms no more than 3 ulcers in the mouth. Still, being cooped up at home is definitely not my idea of fun. And while I nearly die of boredom at home, I drafted a list of 5000 10 things I want to do when I am finally out of quarantine. Plans have been made to send the kids over to my mum’s place on Saturday so that at least some of the plans can be executed. I called my mum last night and told her very plainly I need to go out and play, and she has to look after the kids. Thankyouverymuch.

1. Go to the beach.

This is top on the list because I’d very much need some peace and quietness while listening to the beating of the waves, reading my fav fashion magazine and sipping a nice mocktail in some gazebo. Pure bliss.

2. Watch a movie.

What’s in the cinema now anyways? I feel like I’ve been out of touch for the longest time. (Is Inception still showing by the way??). Watching a movie just allows me to stone in a very dim and comfortable environment. Oh, the beauty of stoning. How many mortals would comprehend?

3. Go window-shopping.

That’s not to mean I won’t eventually buy anything, because by some weird stroke of destiny, I never get to buy anything when I set out with all my heart to go shopping. Only when I say I’m going window-shopping, I see what I want to buy everywhere I go. Ha! That’s a slap there on the face of destiny! Nei Nei Nei Bu Bu

4. Go for a swim.

Have you ever tried listening to the water when you are submerged in water? That’s like one of the most therapeutic thing you can ever do because you basically hear nothing except for the sound of bubbles. It’s hard to explain to you what that really sounds like, but do try it for yourself. Tip: Do not attempt this if you cannot stay underwater for more than 5 seconds without gasping for breath. And please. Don’t even try to do this in the basin in your toilet. Please.

5. People-watch outside 313 Somerset.

This is one of the best places to people-watch along Orchard Road, in my opinion. I’ve done it once with my hubby before as we drank 7-Eleven Slurpee and played a really silly game of guessing which colour is the least worn by people along Orchard Road. Weird destiny came along that day too, and whichever colour hubby guessed, someone would walk past us wearing that colour within the next 3 seconds. It was that funny.

6. Read books at Borders.

This is yet another therapy for the mind. Pouring over books and magazines in a large bookstore can be so rejuvenating. In the midst of a noisy shopping mall, the bookstore is like a sanctuary. Libraries work fine too, except that most of the time, there’re kids running around. =X

7. Go for a photo-taking adventure.

I love exploring interesting places in Singapore and taking photos of old buildings and places especially. Ann Siang, Arab Street, Chinatown… I’d love to take a day to explore those places and rest at some nice quiet cafe when I’m tired. I love that kind of feeling.

8. Go for self-pampering.

I badly need a hair trim, facial, massage, manicure and pedicure. Oh, God knows I do.

9. Eat Steamboat.

Steamboat is the one thing I will always go for whenever my kids are not with me and I’m in the mood for a feast. Steamboat restaurants are typically warm, and kids cannot stay still long enough and when they fuss, I can’t eat in peace. I’m definitely craving for some solid steamboat feasting time!!

10. Drink KOI.

Enough said. From a life where I drink bubble tea every single day, I am reduced to a bubble-tea-craving-monster now. I.need.bubble.tea. And not just any bubble tea. I need KOI Oolong Milk Tea. Period.

Comments

Joyce said…
Please bring me along... no matter what you do or go..

Popular Posts