Yasahii Trading

We visited a very interesting shop recently.

It was a shop that sells and collects old things, and many of the things that are in the shop are things that those born in the 70’s can identify with. It was a very nostalgic tour round the place, and we spotted many things in our childhood memories but are not seen around anymore. :)

However, don’t assume that everything in this shop is for sale. Many of them are actually personal collection of the owner and not for sale.

IMG_2682

Old alarm clocks and telephones. So retro!

IMG_2658

These are a little old for my generation.. =P When I started listening to music, there was already walkman…

IMG_2659

IMG_2664

I think this is a coin phone… but it’s a non-sale item. Looks really cool.. :)

IMG_2660

Spot the Milo tin at the top right corner? That’s a money bucket still in use by some very old provision shops. :) Functions with a simple pulley system. I’m sure some of you have seen it before too!

IMG_2661

Old tins and charcoal stove… I’ve seen my mum use them when I was a kid!

IMG_2665

Really retro hair dryer… Random old items on sale..

 IMG_2666

Typewriter… In good working condition..

IMG_2668

Old cashier machine at the left side… Very, very old model..

IMG_2669

Leather suitcases, which I thought were really cool..

IMG_2672 

Old knick knacks..

IMG_2674

Bowls with roasters, peony and hibiscus designs.. I love these! :)

IMG_2675

Old calculator…

IMG_2676

All kinds of retro glasses with F&N logos!

IMG_2678

A shoebox of random rubber and plastic toys! :) MY hubby was digging around, hoping to find some treasures!

IMG_2679

And metal tins.. some already rusting away. I remember seeing my grandmother use tins like these to keep her dollars and coins, as well as needles and threads. Such tins are commonly used for all kinds of storage in the olden days. :)

IMG_2680

This place is really full of interesting things and memories, and if you are also a fan of such stuffs like me, you should take a trip down! For all you know, you might find something of a reasonable price and you can go home happily with it! :)

Yasahii Trading
Blk 123 Bukit Merah Lane 1
#01-114
Singapore 150123
(Opposite Queensway Shopping Centre)

Comments

Popular Posts