A Letter To 2010

Dear 2010,

In a matter of hours, you will become a piece of history and I usher in a brand new year into my life. Thank you for being a wonderful year, in spite of all the challenges and downs that I had to go through. It was a year that brought growth to many areas in my life, and as I look back, I cannot help but be thankful.

It would be a waste if I just enter 2011 without stopping to appreciate the fine things that happened in you. Although this might look just like any other year ends I’ve gone through, somehow inside my spirit, there is an excitement I cannot explain. For the first time in my life, I actually really feel that 2011 is going to be my best year yet, and something really major is going to take place in that year. And for that, I tell myself that I have to enter the new year with the right mindset, right attitude and the right heart.

The end of 2010 was better than the beginning, but that’s just how the way it is. Sometimes, things don’t get off to a great start, but when I keeping believing that God is good and faithful, He somehow turns things around for me, and made the year end in such a wonderful way for me. Having said that though, January 2010 was a rather fun month because it was the month my bestie in the office got married to her Prince Charming. I coordinated the wedding and was honoured that I had the chance to do that for my dear friend.

[19 Jan 010[4].jpg]

The first half of the year went by too quickly because I was mostly kept busy with Asia Conference preparations. It was tiring, but very fulfilling. I was glad that I could participate in such an impactful conference and came out of it learning and gaining so much.

During the 1st half of the year, I also got news that a couple who was very close to me was engaged to be married the following year. Happy news. :)

IMG_2004

The second part of the year was packed with good news as well. The best piece of news was that my hubby came on board as a church staff like me, and it was particularly touching because it was something we’ve been praying, hoping and believing for, for a long, long time. It was seeing God’s will coming to pass in our lives. Grateful.

Then there was a proposal of another couple who were very close friends to me. Really happy and privileged to be part of something so wonderful and heart-warming. Yet another amazingly sweet event that I will always remember.

IMG_3325

Year 2010 was a stressful year, mainly because Baby Jayne kept falling sick and I had to keep taking leave to take care of her. It was disruptive for my work and I couldn’t focus on what I needed to do most of the time. The emotional trauma of having to deal with a sickly child was also something that was stressing me out. It came to a point where I could not take it anymore and I cried out to God countless times, asking Him to give me a solution and a breakthrough. I felt torn mostly and very helpless. Even though my bosses and colleagues were super supportive of me, I felt that something needed to change. And true enough, God answered my prayers in the form of my mother-in-law, who had been praying about the situation as well, and felt that she wanted to take care of Baby Jayne full-time. It was something I had been waiting for, and God caused it to happen. He even outdid what I asked for. Now my mother-in-law takes care of not just Baby Jayne, but Joey as well! It turned around really well.

IMG_3690

Year 2010 was the year when friendships blossomed for me. I got closer to this group of friends known as the GANG in my life. We may all be very different and have differences in our opinions and way we live our lives, God still brought us close together. This group of friends taught me many things about acceptance and love. I thank God always for putting them into my life.

IMG_0264

I am always grateful to God for allowing me to work as a full-time staff for City Harvest Church. I know this is the place that God has planted me in, and I want to give my all to serve God this way. I am thankful that I can fight the battle with my church, and I know that God is with us every step of the way. I thank God for each and every one of my colleagues who work alongside with me, and make me laugh so much in the midst of busyness and tight deadlines. They are awesome.

IMG_3634

Among my colleagues, I got closer to two of them in 2010, and they’re Joyce and Yvonne, and we call ourselves the B.O.S – Band of Sisters. They’re my precious friends and comrades and I know I can always count on them. =)

IMG_3108

All in all, Year 2010 was a fantastic year in every sense, and I cannot thank God enough for His blessings. But I know the best has yet to come, and 2011 is going to be phenomenal beyond measure. I am so looking forward.

Thank you 2010! You’ve been good to me.

Love,
KlessRainbow

Comments

Joycie said…
Bestie Best friend! Thank God for you!
Mummy Kless said…
I thank God for YOU! =)

Popular Posts