5 Minutes From Home

People are often amused when I tell them that it’s faster for me to go to JB than to go to Orchard. But it’s true. I live barely 5 minutes’ drive away from the checkpoint and if traffic conditions are good, shopping at JB is relatively more hassle-free than to go squeeze with the crowd at Orchard Road.

There is this place I’ve been going to in JB for a beverage I like very much. I’d love to share with you the street name but I really don’t know. I only know that it is very near to New York Hotel and just opposite the road from Jiafu massage centre.

IMG_4633

The restaurant is in a semi-kampong style, except that it’s a spacious foodcourt that sells satay, otah and nasi padang.

IMG_4624

The alfresco dining area is pretty cool. =)

IMG_4626

IMG_4627

And this is the beverage I talked about. It’s called Three-Layer Tea.

IMG_4630

In simpler terms, this is actually a kind of Milk Tea. The three layers are made up of tea, milk and Gula Melaka – a kind of cane sugar from Malacca. It’s the gula that makes this tea so special and yummy. I like mine chilled with ice, but hubby thinks the warm version is also nice.

The reason why we would have a nice little drink in this restaurant everytime we come to JB is because just next to it, is the place where we send our car for wash.

IMG_4635

With this kind of pricing, every Singaporean should send their cars here for wash! For goodness’ sake, it costs only RM8 (or about S$3) to give your car a snow wash, polishing of tires and rim, vacuuming of the floor mats in the car and the cleansing of the seats! And don’t think that they will do a slipshod job because it’s so cheap. We’re always very happy with their work!

IMG_4657

During our last visit there, I discovered a small trail next to the carwash centre and decided to explore the place..

IMG_4639

IMG_4636

IMG_4637

There must be something about the soil in Malaysia. I’m always amazed with how green the leaves are!!!

IMG_4640

Oh, look at those bricks. Full of character.

IMG_4641

A deserted house. Really looks like the one in my dad’s hometown in Seremban. There is also a dilapidated house opposite my dad’s ancestral house.=P At that moment, I missed the hometown so much.

IMG_4642

I really adore old places like these. For photo-taking of course, not for living in. =P

IMG_4643

Cute, eh? =)

IMG_4646

As always, I enjoyed my time at JB. =)

Comments

T said…
Ahhh, I think I will like the tea! It has everything I like - esp Gula Melaka!

Popular Posts