Swee Choon Dim Sum

Hubby brought me to try this dim sum at Serangoon last night, and I think it’s the best dim sum I’ve eaten in Singapore so far!

IMG_8347

Swee Choon is a very simple-looking restaurant. The whole interior is simple and nothing fanciful. The focus is definitely on the food quality here. Their selection of dim sum is pretty wide, and they also serve small fry dishes.

IMG_8348

Hubby ordered their soya bean milk, which came served in a metal mug.

IMG_8351

I ordered Jasmine hot tea. I think it’s the best way to down dim sum with! =D

IMG_8352

We ordered quite a few dishes to try, and I must say I’m happy with all of them! So yummy!

Hubby said I must try their La mian with fried pork cutlet. I did, and it was yums! The pork cutlet was slightly peppery, fried to perfection and chewy.

IMG_8361

The La mian was simple, but went well with the pork cutlet.

IMG_8362

Dumpling in red chilli oil. Tasty.

IMG_8363

Mee Sua Fried Cake. A different version of carrot cake. Interesting and crispy, and would make any mee sua lover happy.

IMG_8365

Prawns in Beancurd skin. I couldn’t believe how generous they were with the number of prawns they squeezed into each beancurd skin. Every mouthful was bursting with the flavours and lots of prawns!

IMG_8366

Chee Cheong Fun in soya sauce. They serve their sweet sauce and chilli on the side, but I must say I always prefer my chee cheong fun dipped only in soya sauce and sesame oil. Fragrant and very smooth.

IMG_8349

One of my favourite dishes of the meal – Chicken feet. It was so well-cooked, that every single bite released the yummy sauce into our mouths. The chicken feet were totally cooked through. Super yummy and a must-order.

IMG_8350

Another dish that delighted my taste buds last night. I don’t usually fancy red bean pancakes, but these really wowed me. Crispy and not-so-sweet. I couldn’t stop eating it even when I was already very full.

IMG_8355

Hubby’s favourite: Deep fried Beancurd with floss. Very, very tender beancurd, which I think the shop made themselves.

IMG_8358

Xiao Long Bao. The soup inside the dumplings were amazingly sweet and lovely. Definitely one of the best I’ve tried.

IMG_8359

For all of the above, hubby and I were stuffed to our max, and we couldn’t finish the bowl of La Mian.  Total bill came up to about $30, so pretty reasonably priced as well!It was such a satisfying meal and we’ll be sure to go back again. =)

If you are a dim sum lover like me, you’ve got to visit Swee Choon. They’re located at 185-191 Jalan Besar, Spore 208882. You’ll not regret it!

Comments

Popular Posts