*Upset*

I am so upset by something that just happened in my office! *sob*

yesterday, we were collecting birthdays from everyone in the office, cos thinking of recording it, & can have celebrations for everyone.. but there's one colleague, Ms A, who refused to reveal her birthday & just said she's born in the 13th month.. of course, we were all just laughing over it..

then today, we jokingly asked Ms A again whether can tell us birthday.. again, the same thing.. Ms B came along & we asked her if she knows.. and she told us XXXX, but Ms A refused to confirm it.. well, *you guessed it* we laughed it off again... (we have been laughing over every teeny weeny thing in the office cos it's really the season to rejoice)

that's when the BOMB came..

after lunch, a teary Ms B came over to show me an email Ms A sent to her. I seriously cannot find a word more suitable than 'threaten'. She literally told Ms B to shut up her big mouth.. *blink*.. I shall leave out the rest of the details. Not worth mentioning.

I am in shock.
Worse thing is she cc the email to her boss and someone in HR dept... I mean.. 'never wash your dirty linens in public' - isn't it right?

It was all in good fun. No harm intended. But it turned out so ugly.

Later, me & another colleague got to bring her out to a corner to hug her & comfort her that we know she is innocent & to forget what Ms A said. She felt better after that, I know. But still.

The only comfort I get out of this episode is that Ms B agreed to go Christmas service with me on sat. I know only God can heal her bruised morale and heart.

God help me.. I need to know how to relate & reach out to someone like Ms A.

Comments

Popular Posts