God gave me a leader over my life

Decided to pen this down so that I will remember what God is showing me.

Just on Sat night, I had a mini argument with isaiah at home. He said something which made me so frustrated because I just felt that he was not getting the point that I wanted to drive across, so I just told him 'I am so angry with you', and I went to sleep. But of cos, knowing me, whenever somebody rebukes me or points out something in my actions or attitude, I would not listen immediately. I would rebuke whatever is said about me, unless at that point, I really agreed with the person. Otherwise, I would always think through and think through about what that person said and whether there was any truth in it. So, I was lying in bed and thinking through about what Isaiah said.

What he said made alot of sense, and I knew it was really for my own good. But I just didn't like the way he put it across, because it made me feel very guilty about it. But as I was thinking about it, God reminded me about what He had been showing me recently about obedience to authority of leaders, even though we may not agree or understand fully why we have to do it. Because authority has been given to leaders in our lives, and all we are called to do is to obey that authority, and even if the decision is a wrong one, God will deal with that leader and not us, because we did what we are supposed to do - to obey. And Isaiah is the leader that God has placed in this household, in my life, and I am called to obey him and honor him even though he may have said it in a way that I didn't like to hear it. Then again, when God teaches us something, though the leaders in our lives, it's never that easy to swallow and take it in. Humble pie?? Ha..

So, anyway, I fell asleep knowing what I have to do the next day. First thing next morning, I received an sms from isaiah cos he needs to go off to church early. He said "sorry for what I said last night, I love you." .. Hmm.. when I saw the sms, I just felt God's peace fill my heart. And I believe in my heart that God is really teaching me about obedience. Total obedience and submission. To the leader in my life. Unless I am willing to obey, God cannot continue to work in my life. And if I resist right to the end, things will just not work out well. I thank God for giving me Isaiah to be the leader in my life. He is the best husband and bestest friend I can ever have! : )

Comments

Popular Posts