Nothing escapes God..

The service tonight (actually last night by the time I finished blogging..) was really really solid. The message must have been tailor-made for me.

Some things I heard about made me so very sad the whole of Friday afternoon. My heart was so burdened with a weight that cannot be lifted up. I just couldn't muster the strength to pick up my spirits, even when I reach church for service.

When prayer meeting started, I asked God to take away the pain and disappointments, and that I don't want anything to hinder me from drawing near to God. I am tired emotionally, and all I wanted was to dwell in the presence of God. Yet, my heart was so heavy that I had to muster up every ounce of energy left in me to praise & worship God.

The sacrifice of praise is always precious to God. When I put in the effort to praise Him the best I know how, the sadness and pain just got lifted up. When I entered into a time of worship, I already felt much lighter in my heart. And during worship, I really opened up my heart to God and committed everything into His hands, because I really didn't want to depend on my own strength anymore. The safest thing is always to give it to God.

And then came the preaching of the Word. When I heard the title 'Presence of God', I knew that it was a topic close to my heart. If you've been reading my blog, you'd know that my latest revelation and encounter was to do with the topic of God's presence. So, I knew God would speak to me.

What really touched me was when Pastor Kong said that we got let our disappointments go, and forgive those people who have let us down because there are bound to be people who will disappoint us, and do things to hurt us which we don't understand.

It hit exactly what was hurting me. God knew.

So I just cried and cried and cried. I told God I don't want to be disappointed by people. And I refuse to let those disappontments get me down. And I felt God assure me that such things will come my way because the devil will try all means to get me down, and attack me so that I lose my focus, just when I was experiencing breakthrough in my walk with Him. Yet, God will be with me. Truly, my God is a God who will lead me through the dark moments of my life. A mixture of joy from hearing from God and with the knowledge that God knows all of my thoughts, anxieties, sadness and worries, I just cried and cried. The important thing was that GOD KNOWS & HE UNDERSTANDS. And then Pst Kong called out all the CGLs to lay hands on us, and wow.. that was a privilege and blessing from God!

By the time service ended, I felt so much freer in the Spirit, and I know truly God has lifted up the burden and healed my heart. When I know that I can just leave everything into God's hands, I can stop worrying about those things.

Praise the LORD!

Comments

Popular Posts