The end of yourself = The beginning of God

I always feel very touched when I hear this sentence. Because it reminds me that I am too little to be able to do anything by myself. God is the One who empowers me to do what I am doing, and He is the One who gives me the breakthrough I need. Truly, at the end of the day, if I insist of relying on my own strength to do many things, I really will be so exhausted, and more importantly, fruitless. But the moment I recognise that I've come to the end of myself, and that if God doesn't come through for me, there's no more hope, God will show up.

This week's attendance is a testimony of that. I felt worried in my spirit and upset that every week I got to strive and strive for the attendance. I got to worry whether my members and friends are coming for service. Even though I know no matter how much I worry about it, it just doesn't help a bit. Especially this week, when I have 4 members overseas, I told myself there is no way I am going to suffocate in this situation, and allow myself to say that 'it's not my fault wat, I have so many members overseas, naturally my attendance will be lower this week'. I just can't accept that. Leaders make things happen. I just got to pray that God will bring in friends to cover up for the drop in attendance. Furthermore, after Fri's service, I told myself that Pastor Kong preached such an impactful message that I got to get more people to come for the service and hear it for themselves. No way I am going to surrender and just pretend it's okay. No way.

Of course, I couldn't have done it by myself. I just prayed and prayed & committed it into God's Hands. I asked God for a breakthrough, for a miracle, for a divine intervention. And true enough, God came through.

Instead of having just a lower-than-average attendance this week, we actually have a high attendance! God's way of doing things is to ensure that when He cames through, He does it above and beyond our expectations! I had hoped in my heart that the attendance will at least maintain a normal level, in view of many people overseas. But He gave me a breakthrough attendance instead! What a generous and mighty God we serve!!!

God, I cannot thank You enough.

If you are reading this, and think that all I care about is the attendance figures, I just want to clarify. Attendance is important to me, not because of just the figures. It matters to me and to God because every person that comes for the service means one more person touched by God. One more person transformed in his mind. One more person more committed to the vision of God and the church. One more person to make a difference. One more person to impact the world. One more person making the decision to be a light that will shine. One more person that loves God more. It's that important.

Oh God, what a privilege it is to be planted in the House of the Lord, because I will flourish!!!

Comments

Popular Posts