Hard pressed on every side?

I wonder how many times have I mentioned this in my blog. Serving God is not easy. Totally not easy at all. Though of cos, the rewards are there. The satisfaction. The knowing that you are in God's will. The assurance that God is happy. But treading on this path always brings alongside challenges and difficulties, more than one can imagine, sometimes even handle calmly.
So many times, I've asked myself the same question. Over & over again. Why do I want to be a cell group leader? Why put so much pressure on myself? Why make life so stressful? Why? If I am only an ordinary member, or even just a helper, life will be so much simpler, and easier, and less stressful.. Of course, it's going to be easy. But at the end of the day, I know. I can't face God when I see Him one day if I hadn't taken that step of faith. Hmm.. more like a leap, actually. : )
Nobody likes to make life difficult for himself. Taking a bold step out of the comfort zone means you got to make some sacrifices. Serving God is never easy, that's why it's a high calling. That's what I always joke with ziwei and isaiah.. haa.. But really, there is some truth in it.
We do get weary and sometimes, totally consumed by the immense pressure and stress that comes along with it. But I firmly believe in my heart, and that is what keeps me going when I feel like giving up as a leader, is that God is a God who rewards. He is not a God who cannot see. He is not a God who cannot hear. Surely, He knows the deep desires of our heart. Don't we all have a pure heart to serve Him? Really, it's very simple, nothing complicated. We only want to serve Him. The deep calls unto the deep. God sees everything that we do.
Just press on, press on, press on.
Don't give up.
Keep going, going, going.
Don't give up.
Keep believing, believing, believing
Don't give up.
Your breakthrough will come. It will
It has already been done for you in heaven
Since God called us into this, He will sustain us, and give us the victory that we need. I just want to hold on to the promises of God, and keep going. I know God will not shortchange me. He will help me and give me the breakthrough that I need. I have been stagnant for too long. I need that breakthrough badly!!! And I am going to believe that the breakthrough will come very very soon........ because it's already done in heaven for me!
Post-blog note
I am not giving up of course. I love my calling to be a cell group leader. This calling alone is a testimony of God's faithfulness to me, and will always be a memorial of how God can do exceedingly above my own expectations. But I am human too, so I get tired and discouraged sometimes as well. Most importantly, I choose to stand up against my circumstances and draw on the faith of God and keep going. Having said that, being a cell group leader has brought me tremendous joy. Because I know there are people out there who loves me for who I am, and will support and stand up for me no matter what happens. Thank God for these precious people in my life.

Comments

Serene said…
hee.... sometimes ur blog seems like a divine tool God uses to encourage me to press on and go further!

thank God for u! hee... =)
Anonymous said…
Actually it's funny..after I wrote the blog, I am wondering why I wrote it, cos I am not really feeling stressed leh... ha.. weird, maybe it's meant for you to read..
Sharine said…
sis kless, we really appreciate you as our leader and whatever it is, we'll fight the fight with you and continue to walk with you. SOmetimes you may feel experience some "rockiness" and sometimes our turn but as long as we all walk together, we'll keep each other strong!!!
Anonymous said…
Thanks Strawberry.. It's enough just to know that from you all.:P

You all are God's blessings and comfort to me!
Serene said…
I guess it is always so divine...

I believe it is just as you've shared tonite... the prompting of the holy spirit!!!

Popular Posts