Be happy, would you?

I am feeling blue today. I don't know why. Maybe i'm tired. All I want to do is to go home early & just rest and do nothing. I feel like lying on my sofa and stare at the television. I feel like lying flat on my bed & just stare at the ceiling. I feel like sitting on the swing at the playground and just stare into thin air. I feel like lying in the arms of dear and not think of anything.

No, I am not depressed or anything like that. Just feel like having a quiet time. No need to think. No need to do anything.

Do you have days where you feel like what I am feeling now as well? : )

Well, life is short. And moons ago, I already determined in my heart that I want to be happy. Worry will cut my life short. And however short it is, it will be miserable. Yet, I am born a worrier. I worry about this and that. I worry about what might happen. Or what might not happen. I worry easily. So, I told myself, no, I do not want to be a worrier. I just want to trust the Lord and stop worrying.

I want to be happy about little and big things that happen in life. Actually there are many. Happy because the leaders and helpers celebrated my birthday yesterday. Happy because Bro Victor told me he is amazed at how much I am grown over the past year. Happy because Yvonne called from overseas to talk to Bro Victor and then wish me happy birthday over the phone. Happy because my helpers are rising up and doing great things for God. Happy because my dear said he loves me. Happy because I have friends who are strong and wants to hang on and press on. Happy because God loves me. Happy because I don't have to pretend to be someone else. Happy... because I still have a breath to continue serving Jesus.

I guess yah, there are many things to be happy about. The warm sunshine, the fresh air, the cool breeze, the green trees, the brown pavement.. Even when nothing in my life is worth raving about, God still makes sure I am reminded of his goodness with the lovely things around me.

I believe God wants me to be happy. So I want to be happy. For my own sake. For God's sake. For the sake of those who love me.

No lah, I am not sad or depressed, really. Just some thoughts I want to blog about. : )

Comments

Serene said…
ur blog sounds a bit chim leh!!!

hmmm.... worth spending moments pondering what you've just said! hee....
Serene said…
me pondering right now.... hmmmmm......

hahaha... u must be thinking what's up with me right??? Sound a bit bo liao...

but i do agree with you that being happy is a decision. One simple situation, i can have 2 reactions to it, either be happy over it, or be sad.... so why not choose happy... why bother to get upset over it when we can choose the easier method, ie. to be happy right??? hmmmm....
Anonymous said…
hahah... no special meaning wor.. just some thoughts that came to my mind... was not feeling that happy today, so I am reminding myself that there are many reasons to be happy about... :)
Ng Yashi said…
hehehe i enjoy reading this entry ! i also read it out loud for tris to hear as hes near me...iM also a worrier..haha your entry has inspired me to stop being a worrier and start being happy for every little or big thing ! life is really short..today can never be repeated. We can only choose to make a positive change in whats left of today and tomorrow ! :) lalalalal ~~~

Popular Posts