Black, Grey, White

Grey areas are those that exist between the black and the white.

They are areas that contains both black and white components. They are areas where people cannot exactly pinpoint whether it is really black or white. They are areas where some can't or won't try to differentiate between the black or the white. Grey areas are safe areas to most people.

The bible has no grey areas. It says clearly, either you are for God or against God. There is no such thing as saying we love God, yet we don't want to sacrifice for God. There is no such thing as saying you are willing, but only to a certain extent. There is no such thing as believing in God, and yet not willing to serve Him and Him only.

Yet, I believe every single person on this earth live in many grey areas in their life. Many choices in life are not easy to make. It's hard to say whether they belong to the black or the white side. And it seems always the safest to remain in the grey territory. Because there is no 'for sure', there is no need to commit to something firm, there is no ...... risk. Isn't tat the reason why we always stay in that region? Because it's the safest. At least you know you can back off or do something to save yourself should you decide you do not want to do it anymore.

The bible says 'Let your yes be yes, and let your no be no.' What does it mean? It means that we should be people who are sure about what we say or do. And when we say something, we really mean it and will do it. We will not say things like 'err.. see first loh'.. or 'maybe...'. But we will be people who will say 'Yes! I will do it', or 'No, that's not what I believe in..'.

Grey is safe. But when you are always in the grey, and you do not stand up firmly and say it out with conviction, your life will always be in the grey.

The bible says we should be either hot or cold. Do not be lukewarm. Otherwise, God will spit us out. So, once we make that decision to be for God, let's pursue it with all our hearts. Let's not be people who are undecided. Let's not be people who cannot make up our minds. Let's not be people who are fickle-minded, and say one thing today then change our minds tomorrow, and change back again three days later.

Let's just be people who say 'Yes, Jesus, I am following you. Yes, I will lay down my life for you. Yes, I will serve you with the best of my ability. Yes, I will pursue love. Yes, I will give the best I know how. Yes, I will follow the calling of God upon my life. Yes, I will forever pledge my life to you on the altar. Yes, God. I am here, use me.'

Do you want a breakthrough in your life? Then make a decision before God today and be a Yes-person for God.

Yes? : )

Comments

Popular Posts