Finally a fresh look!

I've finally changed my header banner! Hahah... Got kind of sick of looking at those few photos, so I decided to change it into a graphic one instead. : ) I have promised myself to change it frequently. But friends, don't worry, I will always write the word 'klessis' there so that you won't think you're at the wrong site!

Well.. I tried to add in music on my site using what annie dear taught me... but i still didn't succeed. Maybe it's got something to do with the 'klessis-don't-work-well-with-html' theory? Oh well.. annie dear was so so nice.. she emailed me instructions but when I still dun get it, she printed out everything for me, and wrote down notes on how to do it step by step. But I left that piece of paper in the office, so guess I'll do it when I get hold of that paper.. anyway, thanks annie!!

I feel like talking about confidence today. What is confidence? Confidence, to me, is knowing that you are good even when you made a mistake. Not arrogant or proud, or unteachable. But not losing hope or feeling lousy of yourself even when you've made a mistake. Pastor once said before she doesn't like it when she disciples someone, and that person will withdraw and for the next few months or weeks, that person will not dare to speak up or approach her. This is a lack of confidence, I feel. True, when we get scolded or discipled, we will naturally want to hide inside a hole and avoid at all costs. But if we have the confidence within us, we will choose to accept it, change and move on.

Moving on is so important. Pst Kong shared yesterday that only people who don't see a future or don't have an idea what to do in their future will hold on to their past. How true it is, though we don't usually see it that way. People will only want to keep talking about their past or keep harping on it, because they are disappointed with wat they have achieved currently. Only when they don't see themselves going from glory to glory will they keep thinking back at their pasts and think to themselves how great it was. Of course, I'm not saying that we cannot talk about our pasts, infact, many things in the past taught us something and made us better people. But I'm saying, don't keep thinking that your former glory covers your future glory. To me, that's an attitude of saying you don't see yourself getting better, and it'd be good if you go back to your past. But how is that possible??

A person who has confidence will not keep harping on their past and have little hope for their future. Because our God is a God who keeps moving forward. If we do not have the confidence that God wants to give us a good future, we will never be able to move on with God.

Comments

Popular Posts