Giving is the expression of Love

I really think so. Loves speaks. It is not quiet or silent. If I love, I'll do something to show that love. That's what I believe God is teaching and showing me in the past few months. A love that is not shown cannot be verified. And similarly, a love will surely show its head in some acts. Just like when a girl likes a guy, whatever she does will show clearly, no matter how much she tries to deny it. Because love cannot be hidden.

In a couple of weeks' time, it's the Arise & Build campaign again. I had the privilege to be involved in the last 2 Arise and Build campaigns before we finally moved to Jurong West. Then, God caused the whole church to rise up another level in our giving. Our giving to God showed our love for Him. Showed our desire to want to be a part of this generation that takes Asia by storm. Pastor Kong always says, we are in the business of making history.

I am excited for the coming Arise & Build. This time round, we are building God a mini stadium, in the marketplace, for the marketplace! I believe there are alot of spiritual significance to it. When we first put up a building cash free, we broke the mindsets of many people- christians or not. People started to realise that there is unity and tremendous power when a congregation of Jesus-lovers rise up together for a purpose. Doesn't matter we were in the midst of the worst Asian economic crisis. We did it anyway. In spite of everything. We gave to the best we could. Unequal amounts, but equal sacrifices.

God has blessed me so much in the few years I have been in this church. It's here I saw my vision come to pass. It's here I witnessed the great power of God. It's here I found people who love me for who I am. It's here I found love and acceptance. There is an indescribable anointing and calling upon this church. And I am so honoured to be part of this move of God.

No matter what others say about our church, I stand by my church. I love my church. And I believe in the vision of God, Pst Kong and Sun. Frankly speaking, if you ask anyone who blasphemes against this church and our leaders, they would never be able to say that they have taken time to understand this church and its vision before making those comments. People who don't take time to know won't ever understand. And what right have they to criticise the vision of this church that God has placed upon? Therefore to everyone who doesn't believe in us, come & see for yourself! Be part of the flow, and then you'll know, at the end of the day, we are just people who loves Jesus and wants to do the will of God. It's really as simple as that. We are not perfect people trying to be famous or popular. Underlying all that, God sees our hearts and knows why we do the things we do. In fact, God is the One who places that vision on all our hearts. God is the reason for everything.

So as I think about the coming Arise & Build, I tell myself that I will give the best I know how. It may not be a big amount, but God sees the sacrifices. God knows that I give out of a grateful heart to Him, and because I really love Him and the vision He has given to us. Giving is the expression of love. There is no way we can say we love God but yet we cannot give our love, our time, our money, our energy, our life. It just doesn't make sense.

Comments

Anonymous said…
indeed good things ARE worth the wait. i am willing to wait, at the same time hungry for more. wanting to do more, quicker, at the same time knowing this is an impt period where i learn what i can before i go do what i must. no longer is it a question of should i, but when can i. thanks sister kless for everything! i think its a nice watch! =)
Anonymous said…
Oii.. my friend.. I saw you left comments on many of our blogs... Great to have you visit us... :)

Popular Posts