Sleepless in ...... admiralty?

Is it gonna be a sleepless night?

It's a tiring day for me today and I am really happy tomorrow is Friday!! TGIF! Mad rushing today the moment I went into office. Had to run from place to place so that I can get things done faster. There's a VVIP coming to visit Singapore and I am kept so busy because he has just decided to come one week earlier. Praise God for people who don't care how much trouble they cause to people. Haha.. I guess I am in a cranky mood.

The message for tonight's cell group is really good. Powerful. Though I wished I preached better. I felt that the message is so on time, so in season. The moment I received the CG sermon notes, immediately felt goosebumps cos it speaks to me and I know to many people in the CG.

A good message can get us challenged. But at the end of the day, if we only stay challenged and not committed to change, we will just go back to our usual selves. The change doesn't take place until you do something about it. As I pray for the people during altar call, I felt burdened in my heart for some of them. Heartache. It's as if I can feel what they are feeling. It's as if I can see the frustration and agony at some point. I just pray within my heart that God will give them the breakthrough. That God will show them the way. And I guess God will in His own timing. Just got to keep trusting the Lord.

Breakthroughs never come till we seek hard after them. And burdens within our hearts may not be a bad thing. I sometimes think that God places those burdens upon my heart so that I can feel 0.0000000001% of what God feels. If one person can cause heartache to us, what's more to God? God desires that we will grow from strength to strength. But we all don't or stray away from time to time. So, imagine how God feels when He looks at us? Yet, thank God that our God is One who gives us grace and mercy. That we are given 500 second-chances. Otherwise, where will I be??

Life can be very simple. What God asks of us is simple too. Be faithful and obedient. Sometimes putting unnecessary pressure on yourself will just make things go haywire. Why not take it one step at a time, and seek for directions from God as you go along? It's probably easier that way. As God expands our capacity and heart to do more and take on more, you'll find the strength and vision to move you further. It's always like that. Take one step of faith, then you'll see the second step. Take the second step, then you'll see the third step. That's what I do. Though I don't see the road ahead of me, I just take that step first, and God will show me the rest subsequently,

Wanna join me in my step-by-step journey? : )

Comments

Popular Posts