So Loved!

I felt so loved. : )

My members celebrated my birthday at cell group. I seriously thought it will be at the BBQ on Sat, so really didn't expect anything tonight. Haha.. Well, it was really a very pleasant surprise. I am so touched by what my members did to make it a memorable birthday for me. It's not the presents or anything, but really could see that they put in their heart to plan it for me. That's the thing that touched my heart.

First, they blindfolded me for the longest time.. dunno what they were doing... Then finally when the blindfold was taken off, I realised that they had put up some birthday streamers and balloons! It was so colourful and nice!

Then we played the game of 'Shepherd knows the voice of the sheeps'... They all held a big colourful poster up, and everyone hid behind, then they took turns to "mmmehh..." and I'm supposed to guess who it is!? At first it was still easy, cos it's one by one. Then two did it together... wow... It was hard, man... some of them.. especially Yihui and Bel.. all twisted their voices! Yo.... so difficult to guess! Ha.. but it was really fun... : )

Then after that, they played a powerpoint they specially made for me... Off went the lights, and the music played. Wow... every word that appeared on the screen was so touching and so sincere. I felt so touched in my heart. Really. Suddenly it seemed that everything that I went through and the encounters I had with everyone flashed before my eyes at that instant. I can't help but cry at that moment. I didn't want to really, but can't help it. God is so good to me to give me a cell group that is so loving towards me.

I remembered pastor asked me before who in the cell group loves me. At that moment, I couldn't answer her. Couldn't even name one single person. And it stuck me that I cannot feel that one person in the cell group truly loves me. Respect me as a leader perhaps. But not really love. And I felt so traumatised by it. It made me realise that I cannot just be a leader that preaches well or leads CG well. If my members don't love me, I have nothing.

But tonight, everything has changed. God reminded me as I was looking at my members that He has given me this special cell group people because they can impact my life, just as how I can impact theirs. It's by no coincidence that I take over Selena's group. I didn't take over the group because there was no other cell group. The truth is, God gave N252 to me! And as I look at everyone in the cell group tonight, I can really feel the love sparkling in their eyes. I can really sense it.

Thank you Lord, for showing me what love is....

Comments

Serene said…
I believe it is becos you've deserved all this!! No doubts abt it...

as you've sown into their lives, you've reap bountifully! God's principle at work in your life!! i'm sure your members must have loved you so much! More blessings are on their way!! hee....
Anonymous said…
No leh.. I dun think I deserved all of that.. But my members were just very extravagant in the way they celebrated for me. :P

Popular Posts