Waiting may not be a bad thing afterall...

Waiting is never something we want to do. We get tired. We get frustrated. We get pushed to the limits. And we start to question ourselves and the people around us.

But I really believe good things are worth waiting for. I did not get to where I am now immediately too. As I think back, I believe God must have thought to Himself, "Why can't she get it??" Haha.. But all that's not important now. I waited and I am here now. Was it easy, you may ask? No, of course. Before I became a leader, I went through the hardest days of my life. Many things God got to deal with me. Many areas I need to change. Even now, the moulding has not stopped. God constantly deals with me so that I can become a better person, better leader, better friend.

There are many reasons why we have to wait. Whether we like it or not. For some, it's because God knows if He gives it to you now, you'll lose it somehow. That's why He'd rather you grumble now, but have it for keeps when you finally get it. It may be something to do with our character. Or the way we live our lives. Or simply because God wants to build us up in a certain area in order to become the vessel He can use.

During the period of waiting, many things will happen. For my friends who are waiting, you can testify to this. You will start to feel discouraged, you will have thoughts of giving up. You will start to question yourself, "Did God really speak to me??", "Is this really what God wants me to do??". And it is during this period of time that your dream and vision can be stolen away from you if you are not careful. But if you press on no matter how difficult it is, you will see the breakthrough. This is what I call HUNGER.

If a person is hungry, he will search high and low for food. No matter how difficult or impossible, he wouldn't give up. Because if you are hungry, you will do anything it takes to fill your stomach. Does it mean that if he gets tired of waiting for the food, or searching for it, and he gives up eating, he'll feel happier and more fulfilled?? Of course not! In fact, if he decides to give up filling his hunger, he will DIE!

Friends, it's the same with the hunger we have with the things of the kingdom of God. If we are hungry for a breakthrough, we seek it with all our hearts until we get it! If we hunger for something big in our lives that God will do, we seek it with all our might until we see it! Giving up now will mean throwing your dreams away. And whatever great things that God wants to do in you is all gone. Giving up will kill your dreams. And I know that if you give up now, you can forget about dreaming big dreams for God anymore because you just won't have the courage to do it.

I know some of you are waiting and waiting for that dream to come to pass. But instead of lamenting and feeling hopeless and sad, why not use that energy and strength to continue serving God? Look out for opportunities to serve and minister. Be on the lookout for that something special you can do. God sees everything, my friends. And as long as God sees, in my opinion, He will not allow it to go unrewarded.

Press on my friends. I believe in you and your dreams. But you got to believe as well. Losing your hope is the last thing you want now. Of course, there will be times we just feel like letting it all out. But after that, get up on your feet and start fighting again! : )

Comments

Popular Posts