Who Am I?

Who am I?
What am I doing here on earth?
What is that great calling & purpose that God has placed in my life?

I think we frequently battles with such questions in our minds especially when we are young. It's explanable when we are still young and on our way to seeking out the reason for our existence. But when we keep questioning ourselves even when we are grown up, it gets pretty frustrating.

What is my identity? My identity is my self-image. What I see myself. How I view my life. And very often, it's hard to achieve the high calling of God if we have a low self-image. We are who we say we are. If we say we are blessed children of God, we are indeed blessed children of God. If we say we will forever remain poor, we will indeed forever remain poor. The power of self-talk and self-belief is one that transforms lives.

Mindsets are stumbling blocks to our success. One day our mindset remains stuck at a place, we will never see the breakthrough in our lives. If I constantly tell myself or have the mindset that growing and multiplying my cell group is a very tough thing to do, I will indeed face much challenges to grow. If I have the mindset that I need to wait very long before my promotion will come, it will surely take its own sweet time to come.

Do you get what I am saying?

The day my mindset changes into positive thinking and words I say to myself, everything in my life that needs a breakthrough will get a breakthrough. The moment I come to the realisation that it is not me, but God, who will bring me what I need at any point in my life, I will start to realise all the promises God has given to me personally.

It's all got to do with mindsets. Human beings tend to be pessimistic. Unknowlingly, we keep saying to ourselves that it's hard, it's tough, it's impossible. But why say those things when it does nothing but stumble us??

I want to have a change in my mindset. I want to believe with all my heart that breakthrough will come, my dreams will come to pass, my cell group will grow strong, my ministry will explode, life will prosper... With the change in mindset, my breakthrough is very near.

I remain confident in my identity. I don't want to question God why I have to go through hard times to become who I am. I don't want to constantly question myself whether I am meant to be a cell group leader. Because I am a child of God. And whoever God is, that means I am too! Cos I am created in the image of God!

If Jesus says He is the light of the world, then I am the light of the world to bring illumination into darkness. If Jesus says He is the Way, then I am the Way who will lead people to Jesus. See? Our identities have already been confirmed and documented in the bible! Look into it and you'll understand who you are. No longer do we question our existence, but we start living out who we are. That's the important part.

Comments

Serene said…
thanks for sharing this!! I think God's timing is always so divine...

In fact just as i was feeling negative about myself right now... your words brought so much comfort and encouragement to me.

Indeed my identity is in Christ, if God has not forsaken me or given up on me, why should i then?

Thanks sister!
Mummy Kless said…
Hee.. this is the word in season for me at this point in my life.. :) Happy to share it, cos I know I am not the only one facing mindset problems.. :P

Popular Posts