The Furthest Distance Is...

It was said that the furthest distance is between the head and the heart. I am writing this not because I have gotten an enlightenment on the mystery. Rather, I wish someone can tell me how to shorten this distance.

I have been told several times that this is my weakness. And it bothers me to know that I need telling more than once. There is something I ought to do, isn't it? But what? God, please speak to me and reveal clearly to me once again.

People with alot of knowledge, gone through many years of education tend to rely on their own understanding. Even when it comes to God and religion, we tend to rationalise it and depend on our 'head' to understand the mysteries of God. Yes, we are saved indeed but the information and the understanding cannot get any deeper if it remains in the head and does not go on to the heart.

I can work hard, serve hard and minister hard. But at the end of day, I know it's all worthless if I depend only on my head. It must get to my heart! Not just something I understand in my head as important. Not just something I know in my head as vital or I must do. But I do because I really understand from the bottom of my heart why I do it.

I don't want to become someone who is religious and does things because I was told it is the right thing to do. I want to become someone who can understand the heart of God and when I do the things that matter to Him, I really do it out of a sincere heart to want to please Him and to know Him deeper.

I am so superficial, I realise. Plain superficial.

I am asking myself the same question over and over again. How, God? I need an answer. I need to be enlightened. I need a revelation from You, Almighty God from Heaven. I need to know and move on from here. Move on to greater things.

God, I pray that I do not become someone whose territories are enlarging, but my heart and capacity remains the same. I pray that everything about me will enlarge at the same time so that I can handle and cope the things that are to come. Not with my own strength. But with Yours. Help me, Lord. Help me to understand.

Comments

Popular Posts