It Warms My Heart

Today something happened at lunch which warmed my heart tremendously.

Went down to canteen to buy lunch together with annie and the usual gang, and I met two ex colleagues from CNB having lunch there as well. So coincidentally, they came over to HQ for a course. One of them is Roger (affectionately known as 'Uncle Roger' by me : ) who worked with me in the same department in CNB. He is always the one who shares many of his field experiences with drug addicts and their families. The other one is Grace from HR dept. I didn't really know her that well, because seldom got chance to interact with her.

When they saw me however, they were so happy. I was very happy too, because it's been quite long since I last saw them. Then Grace turned to me to say she has been thinking of coming to look for me and chat with me because she heard of my resignation. She said all the HR people in CNB were quite surprised that I resigned and were thinking of ways of perhaps transfer me back to CNB so that I won't resign. Ha.... it was such a warm thought! I don't really know them that well, but they actually thought of that for me! And Grace was like a mother, she kept holding on to my hands and said 'as long as you are happy..' wow... I felt such warmth from someone I thought I didn't know that well. And it warms my heart that they care so much for me. : )

Good too.. like annie always says, better to have the opportunity to clarify the reason for my departure than to let people guess and make wrong judgment. Perhaps Grace will bring the news back to CNB and clarify everything for me. : ) Hee....

There were many others too, who heard about my resignation and already sent me notes and emails to wish me all the best. Even those I only had dealings with once or twice. I am amazed at the warmth of this place. : )

Comments

Serene said…
envious! So nice pple, nice colleagues!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts