It's a Privilege

Yesterday Pst Ulf preached a wonderful message. As expected actually. But even with the expectation, I felt so encouraged by the message. 7 Hindrances to Reaching our visions. Wow. Alot of times, we like to focus on the 'things we should do', and we neglect those that 'we should not do'. But more often than not, the things that we shouldn't be doing are exactly that which hinders the breakthrough and vision from coming to pass.

The thing that struck me most was not exactly the sermon, though it was really fantastic. Towards the end of the sermon, I felt God say to me 'It's a privilege to be a CGL. You'r privileged to be a CGL. Pst Ulf is going to pray for the CGLs later'. And true enough, Pst Ulf asked the CGLs to come out & he laid hands on every one of us.

Indeed, what a privilege. So often, I find myself thinking, "God, I am sacrificing much for your sake. I sacrifice my time. I sacrifice my sleep. I sacrifice many things so that I can be a CGL to fulfill your destiny in my life."

It seems however that I am missing something here. I should stop going on and on about what a noble person I am, to follow the call of God. In fact, I should remember always and count it a privilege that God has chosen me among others to be a leader for Him. It's not about how much I sacrificed. It's about God giving me the opportunity to do so. The privilege to be a CGL for Him in this great House of God.

I don't want to miss the point altogether and be a snobbish proud arrogant fool. Pst Ulf said yesterday that God lovs everyone but He can't stand fools. Ha.... Otherwise, Proverbs wouldn't be full of how fools never come to a good end. I surely don't want to be a fool. A fool who can't see that it's all about God, and never about Klessis.

Yes, it is a great privilege and honour to be able to serve God in this manner. I want to stop focusing on how tough my calling is. I want to stop focusing on how much effort & time I have to put in. I want to stop focusing on the things I forsake to pursue the vision of the kingdom. Because at the end of the day, I don't ever want to forget that it is my privilege.

Since it's a privilege, it means it can be taken away. And I want to guard myself and my heart and never allow this calling to be taken away from my life.

Hey you who are reading this. You may not be a CGL, ministry head or even a helper in the CG yet. But the same principle applies. Let's be people who always cherish our calling and what God has called us to do. Let us do nothing out of self-glorification or self-righteousness, but remember that in all things we do, we do it unto the Lord.

No matter how hard it gets going, I will still rejoice, because I know the reason & the privilege behind it all. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts