A Near-Death Experience

This morning on my way to work, I had a near-death experience.

I wonder if it's a mixture of my book-reading, super crowded MRT, the sight of a super sweaty man with sweats dripping down his neck standing less than 1 metre away from me and the constant thumping of the MRT.... when I alighted at Novena station, I almost threw up! Then everything happened in that split second, gastric super pain, I couldn't breathe, want to puke and I broke out in cold sweat... Oh my, at that moment I thought I was going to die!

And when I finally managed to struggle up to the control station area, I really contemplated to turn back & just go home. Something occured to me that I may be having hypertension! Well, my four years of first aid knowledge received when I was in the Red Cross did help afterall. Much as I wanted to go home, I knew I can't and I refused to. So, I just prayed in my heart repeating the words "Jesus, heal me... Jesus, heal me.... Jesus, heal me....." And as fast as the thing hit me, it left... and suddenly I could walk normally and my breathing resumed normal...

oh man... it's so scary! At that moment of weakness, I knew that I am nothing without God! Thank God for healing me so quickly & instantly, in spite of the fact that I am all alone and there's nobody else to pray for me. Thank God that we have direct access to Jesus and all His blessings! Praise the Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts