Is this where God has called me to?

Let me quantity, even before I start writing anything. There is no such thing as a perfect church. City Harvest Church, to me, is a great & wonderful church. But the truth is it is not perfect either. Like any other church, there are bound to be some imperfections or room for improvement. And my views do not represent anyone else's, but mine alone.

I asked myself the same question over & over again. Is this really where God has called me to? No doubt, CHC is a great church and I am attracted to it because of the tangible presence of God in this place, like no where else. I experience a strong presence of the Holy Spirit everytime I step into the church. It is really like heaven on earth to me.

Well, not everyone likes a church like CHC, cos it's really a high-commitment church. Not because people keep dragging you to commit to this or that, but because of the sermons being preached forth every week that doesn't allow us to slack or be less on fire for God. Which is definitely a good thing, because we are supposed to be on fire for God all the time.

But frankly speaking, who doesn't want to have a comfortable life and just take things easy? That is the reason why many people have told me they want to change to another church which doesn't demand or expect so much from the congregation. One that they can just worship God in a simple affair. One they don't have to commit so much.

Yet, I don't want to be Christian like that. I'd rather make life difficult for myself, but know that I am living fully in the purpose of God. To me, that's much better than settling for a more comfortable place where I can take things easy & slowly. Capacity is what it takes to be able to take on a higher calling. To whom much is given, much is expected.

I don't think I will ever to able to find another church that is quite like CHC. I have seen many examples of people who leave this church on the note that they want to settle for something quieter. Most are no longer loving God the way they did. Because mediocrity & lack of excellence can seep into our lives when we get too comfortable.

Unless of course God really spoke clearly to leave where we are, then there's nothing to say or argue about. But we must be sure whether God really spoke. Otherwise, leaving a strong local church is like detaching ourselves from a coverage of God in our lives.

I am glad God called me to be here in this place. The vibrant praise & worship, the fire to serve, the passion to love all endears me greatly. To me, this is exactly what heaven is going to be like. Praising quietly is not for me. Vibrant praise is!

Comments

sis kless, i feel as strongly as u do cos i've met a few incidents like this.

a lot of times we may not understand why we have to go beyond our comfort zone, sometimes it just get so uncomfortable till we feel like giving up.

hai.... if only we will just keep following God no matter how tough.....

sometimes, pp can be so short-sighted.
I totally agree, Sister Klessis.

CHC has come a long way from since its beginnings. Most of the people who have stayed behind have found that they had no choice but to adapt to all that God has revealed to Pastor Kong as he walks by progressive revelations, and there has been no space for being lain-back. People who found it hard to adapt have found themselves at crossroads, to stay or to leave the church.

It is a very emotional affair. To leave this great congregation and to leave where God has called them to be, they have chosen comfort over adaptation, hence they find that they have to leave. Sometimes they just leave silently, with tears and cuts and bruises in their Spirit, which quickly dies. Rarely do they leave coldly without a sound.

But some would draw aside by themselves to rest, and to come back when they have settled the issues within their hearts, to recommit themselves, and to convict themselves against the option of leaving.

It is emotionally draining. Pastor has been here all the way, and is indeed a pillar of strength that we can draw from.

Popular Posts