It sure feels weird...

Being pregnant is a weird feeling. At the beginning, I really didn’t feel anything weird about myself. It was simply a knowing that I have BABY inside my stomach. But I don’t feel different or special or anything like that.

But I realized my body has started to change in more ways than one. Other than tighter waistlines for some of my pants, and some pants which have been abandoned for 9 months later, I found that my emotions and feelings tend to get intensified nowadays.

For example, when I feel hungry, I will feel very very very hungry. It’s like my gastric juices might be gushing out any moment. And one moment I may be working hard energetically, but within the next second, I may feel immense tiredness and weariness that I can’t even stand up.

Just like today, I was working the whole day, pretty relaxed and trying to finish up some work in the office. By the time I reached YMCA for my bible study duty, all of a sudden I felt tired, naseuous, feverish and cold all at the same time. I felt like I was about to die! But 30 minutes later, every discomfort left me and I am back to normal.

If you don’t call this weird, I don’t know what is. (sigh)

I think maybe BABY has got supernatural power to intensify something. I hope BABY intensifies the anointing on me when I preach tomorrow. Hee….

I’ve had a great 1st trimester without much problems or discomfort, much to the envy of many mothers-to-be who spent their time vomiting through. I sure hope I don’t fall into the minority category of people who will suffer from nausea during my 2nd or 3rd trimester. I pray against that! Woo..

And today I suddenly found it hard to walk fast. Even though my stomach’s not really showing yet, somehow, I feel that it’s really heavy. Haha…. Can’t imagine how am I going to walk in a few months’ time. But I guess I really should watch my limits. Some things I really need to take it easy so that I don’t overstrain myself. ; )

Well, if you think I am complaining, I am not. I know this is a phase I need to go through, and I thank God for this blessing. But boy, it’s really weird!!!

Comments

Sharine said…
gee...sounds like fun to me!!! imagine little baby doing head rolls inside while you are walking! Cool leh!!! muah ha ha! What a blessing to be a mother!!
Dear sis kless, pls continue to write down your feelings during times of pregnancy, delivery and motherhood here. This is invaluable to us.

I will pray for you tonight.
Mummy Kless said…
Thanks so much Xiaowei... :P
Serene said…
hahaha.... that sounds really interesting... i'm sure now ur baby is telling u to watch your steps, be more mindful abt ur daily life before he/she starts growing real fast & making its presence seen!! hee...

hmmm... so u still got craving for ban mee in the middle of the night?! hahahaha... tell baby that i know also!! whaahahahahaa....

but never mind, baby, be good inside mummy's tummy ok?! when u come out, me will buy u nice nice food!! hee...

Popular Posts