The less-than-perfect body

Recently, dear dear often observes my face in silence and then comment with a smile.. "你肥了." sigh.... it sure didn't sound very flattering, right?? And each time he says it, I will put on a very angry face and argue, "No! It's my rebonded hair right??! That's why my face looks rounder, that's all!" But I do know the truth.... my cheekbones have disappeared, and by God's grace, they shall have to take a vacation at Bali and return next year.

Oh well... My body has become less-than-perfect. Not that I had a fantastic body before I got pregnant, but I for sure can fit into my bikinis properly and wear anything with size S or even XS in some cases. Yet, I am proud of the changes in my body. The bulge, the extension, the lengthening, the enlargement.... boy! There are many changes, man!

I wish my tummy will grow bigger quickly! I hate the in-between stage where it's neither big or small. I'd rather it grow big big and tells me that Baby is growing fast & well. It'd be a great comfort to know that Baby is getting enough nutrients to grow healthy and strong!

So, never mind the flabby arms, the chubby face, the enlarged buttocks, and bigger thighs.. whatever... I need to gain weight so that there are enough fats to support Baby! Yesterday, I just weighed again... I am 49kg now oh! :D

There is a price to pay, of course. I can't really walk much or long distances nowadays without feeling the pain on my kneecaps. If I can translate what the cells are saying to each other, it must go like this... "what do you think klessis is doing, man?? She's grown so heavier in recent months! I've never had to carry such heavy weights before, you know?? She's never been this heavy before?!!" Hahahaha... purely fictional. I am sure my kneecaps understand the situation fully well.

And sometimes I look at my tummy and wonder how much more it can actually stretch. It didn't seem possible, cos it's so tight already. The skin and flesh are like.... fully stretched.. the way I see it. But I know it has got greater capacity than that. I still have 5 more months to go leh....

Hmmm.. isn't that like our capacity as well? Most of the time, we look at ourselves and wonder to ourselves how much more we can be stretched. It didn't seem possible that it can be stretched even more. It seemed on the verge of bursting. But trust me, you are far from bursting. You can stretch much more than what you can see on the surface.

Phew... is longwindedness a trait of pregnancy? I better stop rambling.....

Comments

Popular Posts