Seasons in life

We go through different seasons in our lives. Each is unique and special. I guess if every day of our life is like any other, how boring would it be?? Sometimes, when we are in one particular season, we hope that we were in another one instead. Maybe because we are not prepared for it, or because it's not an entirely easy season to go through. But every one of those seasons are part of what God is doing in our lives.

When I was still single, I was enjoying every moment of it. The freedom, the happiness, the joy. Many things that made me feel carefree & hopeful. I had many aspirations and expectations in life. But I still had to listen to my parents and keep to a curfew because i still live in their house. I looked forward to getting married to isaiah.

The day I got married, I look at all the friends and families around me. They all looked so happy for me and isaiah. Many of them watched us grow in our relationship and saw how we went through our lives from students to working adults. I felt bliss. I could sense their well wishes in the air. It was a happy happy day that I will never forget. I look forward to many days of waking up with isaiah next to me, and the greater freedom I now enjoy.

Marriage life was hectic and busy. Because at the same time when we got married, isaiah enrolled into SOT. It was also the time we became CGLs. Yet, amidst the busy schedules, we found time to enjoy our new life together. It was a season we learnt to appreciate & treasure each other even more because of the precious time we have with each other.

When isaiah entered into full time ministry, and subsequently, me as well, it was a really happy time. Though there were stressful times, it was simply great that we could go to work together and in the midst of work, spend time with each other. Of cos, the mondays-off together was great because we could bond with each other and really enjoy each others' company. It was amazing how God allowed that to happen. It was one of the best things.

One fine day, the thought came to our minds that we might have a little one entering our lives. When it was confirmed, I frankly didn't feel anything. It took a while for the truth to finally sink in. And when it did, I felt that I am in a brand new season. It was new kind of bliss and happiness. I remembered Pst Kong once said before that a woman's highest calling is to be a mother. I felt exactly like that. Like a mantel had been given to me.

Everyone of us go through stages and seasons of lives as well. As we look back, I am sure you are just as amazed as me how God has brought us through. Through the happy times and bad times, every season holds special meaning in our hearts. And God always brings us from glory to glory. Each season is more glorious than the previous.

As we are going through the seasons, let's always remember to savour every moment of it so that we are fully immersed in it. Even though we may not always feel like it, but let's make our lives count for God and live it the best that we know how.

Comments

Sis kless, this article really blesses my heart. Recently I felt so much about the different seasons in our life.

I came to your blog hoping to see something that could be a comfort or a revelation to me. Felt so amazed to see this article of yours.

Thanks so much for this! :o)
Mummy Kless said…
This is truly amazing, Xiaowei.. Actually, when I was blogging, I wanted to blog about many things, but halfway through I always felt that God didn't want me to write about that. And two or three times, I restarted writing from the start until I felt that God really wanted me to write about the different seasons I go through in my life. :)God is good.

Popular Posts