The Beautiful Tabernacle

Yesterday night we gathered together for our very first prayer meeting as a church in Singapore Expo Hall 8. As I was walking towards Hall 8 from the taxi stand, my heart was filled with anticipation about how the hall will look like. It's afterall a container warehouse, right?

When I stepped into the hall outer foyer, I was taken aback at how much it looks like indoor stadium. Mind you, I haven't even seen the hall interior yet. And as I walked nearer into the hall, I was really amazed at how beautiful the whole place was. The lights, the stage design, the LED, the chairs... everything was simply wonderful.

Some of the staff were just commenting at how amazing it was to see a warehouse transformed into something as majestic and glorious as this. Indeed, this is the House of God. This place is filled with the glory of God.

Even though this place is only temporary, we want to make it as good as we can. Because, afterall, this is going to be the place we are going to grow in leaps & bounds until we get our own place in the marketplace. I am moved to tears as we all prayed in unity last night. I know it's a sacrifice for many members, especially those who live in the West. But yet, I know, distance cannot prevent us from drawing near to God. Nothing can.

It is amazing how God will prepare His House for His people to worship Him in.

Comments

Popular Posts