This House that I Belong to...

It felt like yesterday when we just haad our first service at Jurong West - our miracle titanium building which many of us gave to build. I wasn't involved in most of the building fund project for this building because by the time I joined CHC, they were already in their 7th Arise & Build. Nevertheless, it was a privilege to be able to participate in just in time for the last giving. : )

I think I attended about a couple of months of service at Hollywood because we moved over to Jurong West. I knew it was a very touching time for many members then, especially those who had been with the church for very long. But for me, I just felt happy that God brought this miracle house in JW to pass. I was still a new member then.

After 4 years that seemed to have passed in a flash, we are finally moving again. Not to our final destination, but to a tabernacle that will help contain the growth before we finally get our own place in the central area of Singapore. We're not called City Harvest Church for nothing. I truly believe God already destined for us to be located right in the city centre of this country.

As I was looking at the stage, the lightings, the large LED screen, the CD decoration display on Friday night, I knew that I would miss this place. Yet, I am filled with anticipation and excitement about what Expo will bring for us. During announcement time, they showed the artiste's impression and 3-D view of the interior of the Hall in Expo where we are going to have our services, I was totally blown away. It's one thing to know that the hall is gonna be big, it's another to really KNOW it. Now that I actually see it, I feel..... wow... it is really very very grand! And I believe as the people of God inhabit in it, and fill it with our voices of praise & worship, and God's presence just come so strongly... amazing!!!

Moving out of our comfort zone is not easy. It's been so comfortable at JW that some things have become so easy and convenient. Now that we are moving over to the Far East, I pray & hope that every single member in this church will go over together in one unity. There may be some who have chosen to leave this divine covering, but I know God can make everything beautiful. I know this church will stay strong and the anointing of God will only intensify more & more.

What draws me to this church, I asked myself many times before. It is the presence of God. I have never felt a stronger presence of God elsewhere. And I am not saying it because it is my church. I remember the first time I stepped into this church, I was crying uncontrollably the moment we started singing the first worship song. I was like a dry desert who had not experienced such a tangible presence of God in a long long time. I longed for that kind of feeling and connection with Jesus. Apart from serving God, all I wanted was to be in the presence of God because only in His presence, I am reminded of who I am in Him. I was like a dried-up sponge absorbing and taking in every inch of the presence. It was simply amazing. That is why I will never leave this church. I cannot give up the presence of God. I might just die.

I am so looking forward to this coming weekend's service! It will be a time of celebration of God's goodness in this church and in our personal lives. Praise Jesus! You are a magnificent God.

Comments

sis kless, i will also never leave CHC. it's my home.

WHenever church sings this song... "One thing I ask, that i may dwell in your house forever"
i will sing it with all my heart... cos it really conveys how i feel.

last sunday, after i finished jams church, i saw some technical guys removing the LED screen from the lobby, and many others shifting some stuff from our church, i believe they are shifting to expo. I feel so sad to see so many things shifted.

But in the midst of all these, i know that God is always doing something new. He will bring us up another level and i will look forward to it.

Popular Posts