Thoughts & Tots..

Been so busy recently. Weddings, first service at Expo... exciting & happy things of course. =)

The Wedding
Only got to know that I was supposed to play the keyboard for Fei & Yv's wedding the day before. Apparently i think Jelaine thought I know, but in actual fact I don't assume I play for every wedding in our zone. haha.. Thank God for His prompting. She smsed me the day before and she felt a check in her heart to ask me whether I knew. Hee...

To me, it was such a honour. Honoured because Fei & Yvonne are important people to me. Bro Fei has been my discipler and still is someone who constantly reminds me to keep me on track all the time now. Yvonne has been a most supportive & encouraging sister who has sown much into my life. So, to be able to play for their wedding, I felt really honoured and happy. : )

Honoured also because I realised that their wedding is going to be at B4 Main Audi! And I'll be able to touch that keyboard there! Wow.. last time in my old church, we can just play on the main service keyboard as & when we like, but not here in CHC! At the same time, I also felt super stressed cos if u know me, u know my playing skills are really limited, and I am worried I can't play well, especially on the wedding of two favourite and dear friends!

But thank God, I think everything went well, in terms of the music part. And when I had to play during holy communion, I didn't really feel nervous.. just abit conscious because apart from pastor's voice, all you could hear in the quiet & solemn hall was my music.. Muahaha..

At one point when the couple was lighting the candle, Pst Tan turned to take a look at the keyboardist (which is me) and turned back before turning back to me again with a super surprised look on his face! Haha.. I think he was really quite shocked that I could play! Heee...

And guess what, he asked me after the wedding whether I want to play for Music ministry!! I was really shocked cos playing for music ministry is almost unthinkable for someone like me! You know our church's music ministry is super powerful, right??! So I told Pst that I can't read music scores.. the funny thing is he said.. oh dun worry, we don't read scores here.. Hahaha... I don't think Pst Tan is really serious lah and I doubt I will ever play for our church's music ministry, but nevertheless, it's really such a honour to be asked such a question! Especially by our 2nd deputy senior pastor!! Haha..

It was an unforgettable experience nevertheless... =)

The First Weekend @ Expo
Our first weekend at Expo was glorious. The praise & worship, the dancers' performance, the preaching of the Word, the presence of God, the excitement of the people. There are mixed feelings in my heart actually. On one hand, I do feel very comfortable & at ease praising & worshipping God in that new place, even though it was a brand new place. Yet, on the other hand, the place really feels like a temporary place. In my heart, this is like a tent or a tabernacle and we will not be in that place for long. It belongs to Expo, and though we fill it with the presence of God, it is afterall not our own place. Our place belongs in the marketplace. A beautiful concert hall which will be a landmark in Singapore. And to me, that's only normal & expected, because it's the House of God, right?? It's supposed to be extraordinary.

Our Abba Father's Love for us is much greater than what we can even begin to imagine. Because of His love, we have been able to move on to different levels & heights every time. As a church, even though we go through tough times and even roadblocks, but never have we failed in what God has called us to do. It's not something we should take for granted of course. In fact, it should generate a grateful heart that thanks God for all that He has done for us.

Expo may not be our final destination. But it is a testimony of God's faithfulness and love for our church. Thank you, Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts