Who Is a True Discipler of God?

God has been teaching me something through several people in my life recently, mostly through my dear husband.

In case you don't know me yet, I can be a very different person at different times, depending on my mood and whether I am tired or not. I know it sounds horrible, but there are times I won't feel like talking or making small talk. To me, it's plain tiring.

So it happens that Isaiah & I met someone on the train the other day. It was an old friend from our old church, someone who's a mere aqquaintance even when I knew her then. I was in one of those moods at that time, and I just smiled courteously while isaiah chatted with her. Then the seat next to me became available and she sat down next to me. I had no choice but to start making small talk.

Isaiah asked me later if I ha d a good talk with her and whether I impacted her life. I was like "durh.. u should be able to tell that I was not in the mood to really talk. What impact her life??" And isaiah simply said, "I know. But you should use the short time to impact her life. Speak something that will transform her life."

It was a simple comment, but it got me thinking.

Just yesterday, isaiah had to drive Pst Tan around. At night, he was telling me that he learnt alot from Pst Tan while driving him because he shared with him many things. Even in the midst of casual chat, he was imparting revelations he received from God, and the importance of always staying in fervent prayers and to keep one's spiritual life in check. And Pst Tan also shared that the reason why our church keeps growing is because Pst Kong receives visions and revelations from God and he communicates it to the whole church. He is communicating that vision and calling ALL THE TIME. And it makes it clear cut for all the rest of the pastors, staff, CGLs and members to know what direction to go in. That is why we can march forward like a mighty army. This struck me once again.

As a leader, how do I disciple people and impact lives? Do I only do it when it's convenient? When my mood is good? When I feel like talking? Or when I have nothing else to say?

A discipler of God should disciple people all the time. In every available conversation. In every opportunity. In every possible moment. Conveying and communicating something from God that will transform that person's life and impact him or her. A true leader will be able to cause someone else to draw nearer to God even by just saying one simple sentence.

Like the incident on the train. I can and I should take the opportunity to say something to that old friend so that it becomes a life-changing experience. I have the capacity & anointing to do it. It's whether I want to. Whatever is inside of me is of great value. With every word I say, I can impact lives. It doesn't even have to be something well thought out, or planned properly. Just a belief that my calling is to impact lives. Then every word I speak forth will carry that power & anointing.

Like Pst Tan sharing with isaiah in the car. Pst Tan is a great man of God. And every opportunity spent with him will allow us to grow in maturity & understanding of the matters in the kingdom of God. Because with every word he speaks forth, he is discipling. He is teaching. He is communicating the vision of God.

Yes. I also want to be someone like that. Someone who is constantly speaking forth revelations, edifying the people around me, and exhorting them to the next level of growth & maturity. Because I want to be a true discipler of Jesus.

Comments

SIS KLESS! i felt so blessed to see this blog here. i will also learn from bro isaiah!

Popular Posts