The Inner Strength

I am back after giving birth to an angel (at least in my eyes.. hee). My mother-in-law has been a Godsend. I can't imagine handling my wound and taking care of the baby without her. She cooks for me, took care of the baby all by herself during the first few days, changed her, bathed her, while I recuperate.

My mum in law told me that having a baby allows God to teach us parents many things. God will reveal many things to us and make us wiser through the different things and behaviours we see in our children. It trains us in the fruits of the spirit and makes us stronger. Indeed, the past one week has been an eventful one. Apart from the realisation that my life will never be the same again (dear dear & I can't just go out as and when we like, sleep late or sleep early...), it also trains us to be people who takes responsibility over the life of a little one.

Joey is totally dependent on us in every way. She can only cry to let us know something is wrong, but she can't iterate anything else. In the midst of it, she trusts us completely that we will give her the best of everything.

Having a baby really requires inner strength. I have been very aware of emotional mood swings because I've heard much about post-natal blues. Many people say there is definitely some varying degrees of depression. Once in a while, I would feel myself feeling sorry that I can't have the freedom I have anymore, and everywhere I go, I got to think of how I can take care of Joey. But very quickly I snap myself out of it the moment the thought comes. Because I know it's not really what I believe in and they are just voices from nowhere. It's funny how in the midst of blissfulness, people can still find negative thoughts popping up every now & then. That is why it is so important to guard our thoughts and our minds.

I am a blissful mama now. I am still trying to get used to the fact that the cute little darling lying in that cot came from inside of me and she is my baby. But I really think she is the sweetest thing I've ever laid my eyes on. I think every mama feels the same way. : )

Cheers to motherhood.

Comments

amen! Aunt Grace is so kind and loving towards Joey. Thank God for such a wonderful woman of God.

Popular Posts