Thank God for Everything

I realised that I have much to thank God for. He is truly a God who provides everything that I need and He is always protecting me no matter where I am or whatever I am doing.

This morning I went back for my checkup at Dr Chew's clinic. It's a routine checkup for all women who have given birth, mainly to check if my uterus has shrunk in size. The uterus is the one that expanded while I was pregnant and it's supposed to slowly shrink in size until the original size before pregnancy. If it doesn't, it means there are blood clots in the body and that's dangerous for the mother. Might need to have another operation to remove the clots. Typically, it takes about 6 weeks for the uterus to shrink back fully, but some women can take up to 3 months. That's why after giving birth, I would still look like a pregnancy lady, cos the uterus is still shrinking.

Dr Chew's assessment was that my uterus had shrunk rather quickly and in just 2 weeks, it has shrunk more than half to the size of a 4-month pregnancy stage. So she thinks it will completely shrink before 6 weeks. My C-section wound has also completely healed nicely, according to her, though it looks really ugly when she showed me with a mirror. What an ugly sight, I thought, when I saw it. Haha.. But Praise God for speedy recovery. And I want to thank friends out there who are praying for me. : ) God is good.

Comments

Popular Posts