A Seed of Highest Quality

I went for service yesterday because my mum wanted to attend the service. Was in the nursery the whole time and it's really so difficult to catch the sermon especially with wailing babies everywhere and joey refusing to sleep tight. So I caught the sermon again online this morning.

What a great message Pst Tan preached. After salvation comes empowerment. Which is why Jesus told the disciples to tarry for the Holy Spirit to come after He ascended into Heaven. Because before they start on their ministry, they need the Holy Spirit to come & empower them first.

It's very true that God has planted a seed of highest quality inside of us, but many a times, we don't seem to be able to tap on that great seed and maximise the potential. Like what Pst Tan shared, it's got to do with our belief system. Many people don't seem to realise that after being saved by Jesus, we have also been empowered to change the circumstances and situations in our lives. The truth is we don't have to remain who we are before we are saved. Do we believe that we can do that? Are we willing to take up the responsibility to become the salt & light of the world?

It's easy to say "I want to change my world." But it's not easy to get it done. Divine empowerment only comes with the willingness to accept responsibility for what God has called me to do. Note: Only when I am willing, will God empower me. It's no use saying, "I had no choice but to serve God in this ministry or to reach out to that particular irritating friend because I HAD TO DO IT as a Christian." Enough of all that pity-pie syndrome crap. If you are not willing, God won't even bother to empower you. He can use a donkey alternatively, for maybe even better results. And with empowerment comes the promotion we all desire, even if it's kept locked up somewhere in your heart and you dare not even admit to anyone.

This reminded me of the time when I started out to be a cell group leader. Many of you have heard me share this before. I remembered I was very apprehensive at first. I felt that I am born to be a helper, not a leader, let alone a good leader. But God asked me, "Are you willing? I am not looking for talented people. I just need a willing heart." And that really settled everything because I realised that all I needed was a willing heart and God can empower me to do the rest.

From a gal who's quite introverted, I became who I am today. (I know many of you are laughing now.. Klessis introvert??! I know lah! When I shared my story with my member Ivan long ago, he almost choked on his saliva in disbelief. Anyway, that's not the point.) God can empower me to do what I needed to do just so that I can fulfill my calling. As long as I am willing. If we look at what we have, we will never dare to take that step of faith. It may even feel very stupid to do so. But let's look at what's in God's Hands, shall we?

We got to believe what God has planted inside of us is a seed of highest quality. Let it bear forth fruits of highest quality as well. Just be willing.

Comments

Ng Yashi said…
hi sis kless.. yap what pastor tan preached today was answering my prayer for this past week. i really wanted to write abt it but it would have to wait, rushing assignments :) God is good..without him i wld never have believed i could be anybody watsmore a change agent.
Mummy Kless said…
Can't wait to read your entry on this then! But finish your assignments first, of course. :D

Popular Posts