Melancholy

I feel melancholic tonight. Listening to the music playing over & over again on my blog, I feel even more so. (And it's really such a great piece of music to sob in.)

But I am not melancholic in a sad way. More like I'm in a thinking mood. Yah I know melancholic means sad but oh well, I am just not making much sense.

A major thing happened in the past week involving some dear friends in my life. Frankly, I feel sad. But of course the direct parties would feel it much much more. It's just a sense of loss, I guess. And nobody really would have expected anything like that to happen. But when it really did, I must say I am rather amazed at the serenity and calmness of it all.

It's not something easy to accept. Much less move on. But I know we all will. If I can say, I think my friends did well in facing it, handling it and then closing the chapter in a beautiful way. At least in my opinion, there are much much worse ways of closure.

Nobody knows for sure what the future holds. What will happen tomorrow? And the day afer tomorrow? And the day after that? The important thing is not to live in regrets and to treasure everyone around us. What may be today may not be tomorrow. We just never know. Start thanking God for every single person who has left their footprints in our lives before.

Comments

Popular Posts