GIVE

I have been pondering about this topic recently. Especially after hearing what Pastor has been sharing the past few weeks, I am doing alot of reflection within myself.

To love is to give. Love is an abstract concept, therefore it can only be expressed in an act of giving. Without giving, you cannot love. That is why you can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.

God's primary calling for us on this earth is essentially to love. And that means we are all called to be people who give all the time. Give of our time, our money, our lives. It may sound pretty demanding, since all human beings tend to like to receive rather than give. Yet, because the calling of God to give is all inside of us, it may turn out to be alot easier than imagined.

If we want to be more like God, we got to give. Giving makes us more & more like God. Because God Himself is the greatest giver of all. His nature has been programmed in us, so you will realise that towards people we love, our natural instinct is to give wholeheartedly. It is something that need not be taught.

You reap what you sow. It's a never-failing principle.

Even in blogging, I realised if I sow a 'comment' on other people's blogs, I usually 'reap' a comment in the next 24 hours. It's just amazing. :)

Many people are uncomfortable about the topic of 'giving'. Most use it as an excuse to skip church altogether. I have many friends who ask me how come I need to give so much time and money to my church. My own parents question me sometimes. Yet, what they do not see is that although on the surface, it appears as if I am the one giving, but in actual fact, I am the one receiving.

It's a complicated concept to grasp, I guess. Because it's not as straightforward as 1 + 1 = 2. But trust me, I've experienced enough blessings & miracles to tell you that it's true.

The more I give, the more I receive.
When I build God's House, God will build my House.

Not cliches, but truths. The fact is God does not need my money or my time. He owns the cattles on a thousand hills. What He is looking for is a heart that is ever ready and ever willing to give. My giving attitude will attract God to move in my life. Oh yes, I want God to move in my life in an amazing way. And so I will give.

Comments

Lynnette said…
wah.. I "ren bu zhu" must comment..

I tell ya.. we can NEVER out give GOd.. NEVER. Someone God would always pour into our cups until it overflows.

there was a period in time (last year around this time) where i survived with only $2 a day..

i was working in Subway for 8 hours a day, and on top of that giving tuition and giving faithfully and sacrificially.. On top of that, i had visitations to do, 2 groups to handle and childrens church services to conduct and teach in.

there'd be times, when I'd watch the other leaders go out for their outings (makan sessions/movies) but i had to say "no" cause i simply couldn't even afford for the transportation cost there. How low could things GET?

God's never let me down. In the midst of that $2 per day period, people would bless me beyond my imagination. My father's friend even gave me $500 out of the blue. Then my mother's church employed me, and in my first month of employment i got blessed by one of the elders there amazing yeah? So that marked the end of my $2 per day "drought".

Then a month before i left for ORU, i worked in an OIL company. The pay was simply "bagus"..

Now, though i'm a student in ORU, i'm also a part time staff, teaching tutorials and at times hosting guests. And the pay.. splendid.

Just to think about it can make me cry. Cause the small, humble beginnings can really cause you to realize how far God has brought you to.. and how much further He would bring us into.

NO eye has seen, NO Mind can comprehend.. ..

Popular Posts