Breakfast with the Birds!

This morning after the morning prayer meeting at JW, I met my MIL and Joey at the Jurong Bird Park for the Early Bird Breakfast show!!

SUPER ALOT OF PHOTOS IN THIS ENTRY!! =D

This is the restaurant which offers the breakfast and the food is really quite nice! :) Most sets come at $6.90 each.

The place where the bird show is performed is the outdoor terrace area, and the whole place is really quite cosy and nice. A very resort and relaxed feel. :)

The pond had black swans and lots of ducks (according to the trainers, the ducks are one big family.. papa, mama and little ducklings!)

Here comes our breakfast!!

This is Joey's Kids meal.. Scrambled eggs with sausage and 2 hashbrowns (which were really fried to perfection! Yums!)

This is the breakfast set I shared with my MIL..

Enjoying her orange juice, while we waited excitedly for the bird show to start!

That's the 2 trainers who run the Early Bird show..

The beautiful parrot who demonstrated how it can crack open a walnut in a matter of seconds. Watch the video here!

The humorous trainer, who purposely posed for me. He said this is his better-looking side. Haha..

I think Joey was quite entertained by the show.. as it was a 'private' show, the trainer would ask her some questions and she would answer. And the birds came very near so that Joey could have a close look...

Her cheeky look again

Listening to the trainer attentively..

So captivated??!

She bursted out laughing when the parrot mimicked the sound of 'Shhhhhhh'... she said, 'keep quiet' and went hahahahahahaha!

The parrot very smart... can mimick the sounds of door knocking.... phone ringing.. haha.. (made me wonder why all the previous parrot I owned knew was to screech irritatingly)

The last straw came when the parrot said, 'I Love You' to joey and sang her the Happy Birthday song! Joey even sang together! heee....

When the main show is over, the trainers asked Joey to try feeding the ducks who came out of the water to join in the fun without us realising it!

My Joey was really so brave! She didn't even hesitate going near the swans or the ducks (swans bite by the way, so I was a little nervous myself!), and even the trainers said she was exceptionally brave!

It was a very tiring morning for me, but I think Joey had a great time, and I learnt a whole lot about parrots too! =D

Comments

Popular Posts