Thanksgiving With A Blast!

The AN zone leaders had a thanksgiving celebration last night at The Garden Slug, located in Telok Kurau Lorong L.... And what a blast it was!
First of all, the food! There's my favorite aglio olio pasta... =D The food really looks and tastes not bad.


The highlight was of course the themes that different groups had to dress up in... I belong to the very privileged group who call ourselves THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!!!!

I know, a pregnant powerpuff girl doesn't look very right, but who cares??!! Everyone who saw me could guess that I was dressed up as BLOSSOM! wahahahahaha.... you'll see why...

Ta-da!

I know my pink top, pink skirt, black thick belt and white knee-high socks were a little too much for some to take, but hey, it's thanksgiving party!!!!!! Just enjoy la! =P


And of course, if you see carefully, the BIG RED RIBBON BOW on my ponytail played a major role. Ya, tell me about it. EVERYONE had a good time laughing at my pretty ribbon. The nicer ones say I look very cute. The more frank ones tell me that I really MADE A BIG SACRIFICE!!!!!

And yep, these are the rest of my powerpuff gang.. the blue and green ones... kekeke.. can never remember their names...

The other themes were stuffs like Flintstones, Bollywood, 倚天屠龙记, Saturday Night Fever and Lord of the Rings... The final winners were the 倚天屠龙记 gang cos they used paper to make their costumes! Alot of effort indeed! I was even 'sabo-ed' to do a catwalk in my Blossom costume... aiyo, SO MALU!!!! (名誉扫地)

Anyway, we had a great time laughing during the games... and as usual, our jokers made it all so fun and funny!!!


The thanksgiving finale always ends with a heartfelt speech by Pst Audrey. This year especially, I felt what she shared from her heart was very true, and something worth pondering about. Pastor shared that in 2009, there are three things she would learn to do everyday.


1. Laugh.

She wants to remember to laugh everyday and choose to remember the good things and happy things and be happy every single day.

2. Think.

She wants to spend more time in thoughts, especially about the goodness of God. No matter what she's doing, she wants to always be thinking about how good God is to her, and how blessed her life is.

3. Be moved to tears.

She wants to be moved in her emotions to tear by something every single day. Not sad tears of course, but be moved by something that touches her heart, be a person with a soft heart. She wants to start learning how to be moved by movies. (She never cries at movies..)
Very true, isn't it? Life is all about fully embracing every second and every minute. Instead of pondering and indulging our thoughts in the negative, why not endeavour to maximise every moment by thinking about the goodness of God. Especially at the end of the year, it feels especially apt to make a decision to be a person who will remember the goodness of God and thank Him for whatever He's done.

Thank you for a great 2008. :)

Comments

Popular Posts