A Very Different But Much-Desired Lifestyle

I absolutely love Chinese New Year. Love it! Loove it! Love it!

I love it mainly because my lifestyle takes a 180-degree change from my usual daily routine during these merely few days of CNY holidays. Let me tell you how:


(1)
Usual Mode: My handphone is within no more than 3 metres away from me every single moment and I pick up my phone calls by the 3rd ring or check out my smses immediately when the ringtone goes off.
CNY Mode: My handphone is put far far away from me, and I only check it once evey 2 hours but it's merely a reflex action because usually there are no smses or missed calls at all.


(2)
Usual Mode: I get worried when my phone doesn't ring every 30 mins at least, and I would check it periodically to make sure it didn't switch off accidentally by itself.
CNY Mode: I don't bother. If it rings, I frown immediately and think to myself, 'Who smses or calls at THIS TIME?'

(3)
Usual Mode: I am on my laptop almost all the time if I am at home, be it blogging or working or checking emails. It's the most common thing I do besides breathing and urinating.
CNY Mode: I probably won't switch on my laptop for one whole day. That day, I even left my laptop in my carboot, and forgot about it till the next day.

(4)
Usual Mode: There will be constant urges that flash by my mind ever so often to blog about something. I will be constantly reminded (by dunno-who) to take out my camera and take photos of Joey doing whatever so that I can blog about her later.
CNY Mode: I don't bother.

(5)
Usual Mode: My mind is always thinking about doing something, even if I am not actually doing anything at that time, which is by itself very unusal because I seldom do nothing at all. If I am not working, I am usually playing with joey or working on some of my many diverse hobbies.
CNY Mode: I do nothing but watch TV and play with Joey. Absolutely nothing else.

(6)
Usual Mode: I sleep only after 12 midnight every night, usually because my mind is super active due to the many things I did during the day, and because I usually have deadlines to meet by 11pm on certain nights.
CNY Mode: I get all sleepy by 10pm every night and I would think to myself, 'Can I sleep now?' and the answer would usually be 'Why not? It's CNY!' and I sleep.

Gosh, how not to love this lifestyle?

Back to usual mode tonight.....

Comments

Popular Posts